Bad
Good

I was a former student, attended from kinder-garden to 5th grade and was sent to Tarkington after that. After experiencing both schools I would say there is a huge difference, Hurley had so many better and more experienced staff members who cared about teaching every single one of the children what they needed to learn and more while Tarkington seemed like they knew nothing about running a school. 5 stars!

This school is pretty good so far. My son is currently in 1st grade and so far, his kindergarden and 1st grade teachers were (are) both excellent. I just wish this school could provide extracurricular activities.

I thought today was no school, but my son convince me to walk him there. It was so quiet, so I asked a teacher. She is not my son's teacher, but she knows him and his name. She met me and talked in a little Spanish even if she is white. She said she will see us on Monday because there is no school today. My son is so excitted to go to school in the morning that he wants to go when there is no school! I feel very happy to send my son to Hurley. He feels safe and his teacher cares about him. I can join parent classes at school and he goes to after school music. Everyone is polite and loves the children.

I am an inspector and I have gone to this school only twice and both visits I am 100% pleased! None of the students are in the halls running or laughing they are in their class rooms paying perfect attention to the teacher in charge. In my oppinion it is a very excelent school. If you are looking for a good school to go to, you should sign up at Hurley school!

Last modified Hurley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.