Chicago, IL

Kinzie Elementary School 5

Posted April 03, 2014
Excellent school....great teachers who go beyond, my child has picked up American Sign Language as a second language by attending kinzie. She has interacted with the hearing impared on a daily basis which is great practice for the sign langue she had learned here. Her math scores keep going up every year. Great location, great parents clean school.

Kinzie Elementary School 5

Posted September 12, 2013
My daughter transferred to this school, and I am very pleased with this school. They are very, kind, considerate, and helpful.. love it..

Posted February 17, 2013
Teachers are brilliant!!!! The best school in the Garfield Ridge area . My child was struggling in math and reading. She came here and she was on the b/a honor roll 6 years straight. Amazing school.

Posted October 24, 2012
My children have attended Kinzie since 5th grade this school is an exceptional school would have to say its one of the best cps schools in our Garfield ridge area

Posted October 17, 2012
My daughter has attended Kinzie since First Grade. Every year she has had exceptional teachers, and the Principal is excellent as well. My only complaint would be the large class room sizes, but the teachers stay on top of everything even with larger class rooms.

Posted October 09, 2012
I would caution parents to judge a school based on outdated reviews on the internet. Apparently some parents weren't happy back in 2008, personnel and policies change from year to year so please take anything you read on this site as opinion. My opinion is that this is a great school for my 7th grader. The teachers are engaging and challenging and the curriculum is just what it should be for this age group.

Posted September 25, 2011
I attended Kinzie starting from the 5th grade. Almost all the teachers were very caring about all the students. I also loved how involved the community was with the school, and how safe it was for us to get to school.

Kinzie Elementary School 3

Posted September 01, 2008
My children have attended this school for more than 6 years and I have seen a drastic turn in the achievement of this school. When my children first attended the school, it was strong in academics and parental involvement however, in the last 2/3 yrs. the school has severe issues. The staff and academics are not as challenging for all the students, and not as much parental involvement. Too much politics and not enough learning going on....

Posted March 27, 2008
Kinzie is a wonderful school that has a excellent staff who are knowledgeable and helpful. The staff are willing to go that extra mile to assist the children and parents. Kinzie has provided children with a great education and better opportunities for high schools. The teachers are wonderful and knowledgeable and will go that extra mile to assist their students.

Posted March 22, 2008
This school is full of teachers who constantly, yell and belittle students. The school lunches are ofter frozen, the milk is slush. Parental involvement is not well received. School safet is very poor, front door is left unlocked without a guard.

5625 South Mobile Avenue, Chicago, IL  60638
Last modified Kinzie Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kinzie Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top