Chicago, IL

Posted July 12, 2014
This school is awful. All the students grade 5 and up do is talk trash about each other. It doesn't matter if you've known that person since Kindergarten, they will still stab you in the back. I left the school, but before, I was bullied by my 'friends', who can't even say the truth of whether or not they like you. A girl announced my crush in front of the whole class one day. I've developed social anxiety disorder because of everything that happened to me in 6th grade.

Posted April 05, 2014
Horrible administration, pretty good teachers. The administration is rude, unprofessional and disrespectful to parents, kids and teachers. I have heard from many that the teachers at the school do not feel supported and reflects on student progress. A very negative environment.

Posted March 06, 2014
My children are current (2014) students. I do not like the school. My children want to transfer. Most of the teachers pick on students. One teacher made fun of a little boys name in front of the whole classroom. Teachers hit children. I attended an activity at the end of the school year and a group of Caucasian teachers trashed talked the principal very badly as if I wasn't standing there. They have a very unfair discipline technique and need to discipline themselves. Parents can't visit the classrooms because they say it's distracting, but the classrooms are chaos with children who have tantrums. My children are on the waiting list for a better school and environment.

Posted August 12, 2013
Kipling is a wonderful school. The principal, administration and teachers are very helpful and professional. They are all about the child and his/her needs. There are a lot of outside environmental things that I would improve on such as the playground, and adding on an annex for more room. But other than that overall, I am pretty satisfied with the school.

Posted July 28, 2012
This school is brutal. The kids are terrible. The arts programs are not that great (it's a fine arts school). There is talk about drugs, guns, fights, and all sorts of drama. I am a former student who transferred because of all this bullying and abuse that was going on with me and some other girls.

Posted June 23, 2009
My Daughter just graduated recently from Kipling School this year and i think Kipling is a really good school and has some really great teachers who has prepared my daughter for a really sucess year in high school. I also have a son who attends kipling and is on the AB Honor Roll.

Kipling Elementary School 0

Posted June 22, 2009
I think Kipling is a very nice school my son completed the kidnergarten school year there and my son learned so much from his teacher; addition, subtraction, multiplication, reading and writing , and the teaching staff and the principle is excellent with the students my son will stay at that school until he graduates from 8th grade.

Kipling Elementary School 5

Posted October 13, 2008

Kipling Elementary School 3

Posted October 03, 2008
I think Kipling School teachers should go bak to school and learn more about the characteristic of students with special needs. So they wont make mistakes when providing them with an appropriate education.

Posted November 23, 2007
I think Kipling is a Cool Place to learn about what you are going to expierience in the future.I'm in 8th grade and all of my nine years at kipling have good for me. All parents, I recommend Kipling as one of the greatest schools on the South side

Kipling Elementary School
9351 South Lowe Avenue, Chicago, IL  60620
Last modified Kipling Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kipling Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top