Chicago, IL

Lozano Elementary Bilingual & Intl Center 2

Posted November 17, 2014
Teachers work there only for the loan forgiveness. Not interested in the childrens education. Very poor school. They do not offer a variety of programs for children. No school sports.

Posted May 02, 2013
This is an update from my last review. My daughter is currently enrolled at Lozano school. The teachers and aids are very friendly. They contact me for any issue with my child. At first this was kind of stressful for me because I was in the middle of working on placing my 3 year old in school and have another toddler at home as well as an 8 year old also in school. I'm not 100% sure just yet if this is the best placement for my daughter. She has a lot of special needs. Her behavior has gotten worse since she started school but that has happened before. The counselor ms. Aracely Montoya has been very helpful to my daughter and I. She is helping me find the resources that my child needs. I do not blame the staff they all do the best they can and are allowed to do. I wish that the board of Ed would be more helpful in helping children's with disabilities. We will see in the next few months what has been accomplished.

Posted March 18, 2012
I will fight to have my son attend another school next year. He has autism and had been reading at his other school and reads at home. He is otherwise not verbal (communication-wise). His teacher has told me that he can't read so they don't want to push him. He's also having more tantrums than he's had before and he's banned from taking any more school trips (even with a parent). At another school at aged three he received homework at least twice a week. It's almost the end of the school year and he hasn't had homework even ONCE. To top that off, his speech therapist has been absent from EVERY IEP meeting he's had this year. When he has a tantrum, I'm called and told that they will call the police on me if I don't come and get him, as if I'm just a negligent parent. They're going to have to fight me to get him into this same school again. ALSO, CPS will NOT help you find a school that's best for your son. Last year my son didn't attend school for almost two months because it was MY responsibility to find a a school that even accepted autistic children, and when you call the neighborhood school they have NO IDEA which schools even accept autistic children.

Posted April 01, 2011
People should stop complaining about Lozano. It seems to me IRONIC that the parent's are complaining about the school being behind academically, yet those same parents who complain can't even spell. The problem is the students and parents. Instead of complaining parents should DO something and don't expect the school to be perfect. -Former student and sophomore at NSCP.

Posted June 10, 2010
This school is so behind. They don't even have a nurse on staff. The school is very focused on Latin America cult and beliefs and very religious for a public school. The teachers do not speak very good english. The principal is like a ghost! I feel he is unqualified for the job. Parent involvement is never asked or wanted. They keep passing my child and I see he is not doing well. Now I have to move to get my child out of this school/the school district. I like my house, but I love my son... the choice is easy.

Posted May 28, 2009
We had a very frustrating first year at this school. The professional staff is very uncooperative and rude making it hard to get appropriate information. The teachers are nice but they are very hard to get a hold of when we have concerns and little is sent home regarding the progress of the students. When we visit the school the children are loud and disruptive. We are frustrated with the homework as it is way below our son's academic level. Also, we feel that time before school could be better spent with children playing and socializing as opposed to the movies they watch in the auditorium.

Lozano Elementary Bilingual & Intl Center 5

Posted March 05, 2009

Posted October 12, 2008
My name is Juan Martinez and I went to this school! And i am proof that there is nothing really wrong with the school, it's the children, more specifically the parents. I am currently a sophomore at Walter Payton high school, the 2nd best high school in Illinois! I owe this accomplishment to all my teachers, staff but mostly my parents. It's true, the school isn't so advanced academically, but the reason why Lozano isn't such a 'good' school is because the school is a bilingual school, so many non-english speaking students come in, with little to no english experience, and it slows the class, a little. The school DOES have a Spanish class, which is pretty fun; and provide ESL for non-english speaking students during English class. I think these parents should stop complaining, and become more involved with their children's education. -Juan/proud lozano student

Lozano Elementary Bilingual & Intl Center 5

Posted October 16, 2007

Posted August 27, 2007
Overall, good school. Staff are interested and care about the students. Great assemblies and family activities. I agree about meetings during the day - difficult for working parents. My students receive tons of homework. English errors are common on notes sent home, from office and teachers. But the positives outweigh negatives in most cases. My kids have been happy at Lozano.

Lozano Elementary Bilingual & Intl Center
1501 North Greenview Avenue, Chicago, IL  60642
Last modified Lozano Elementary Bilingual & Intl Center is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lozano Elementary Bilingual & Intl Center Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top