Posted March 07, 2014
LaSalle is simply the best! We love it for our daughter and can' wait to enroll our son. Good to know: once you are in, all siblings coming in kindergarten are enrolled in the sibling lottery.

Lasalle Elementary Language Academy 2

Posted April 17, 2013
I thought I won the lottery when my daughter got accepted to LaSalle, a school that offers a diverse setting , along with a strong curriculum and safety. Not ! not this school, it is truly running off of it's reputation! The principal doesn't return emails in a timily matter, issues are down played and you are told as the parent to speak to the mom on your own time not LaSalle, bullying happens everyday and the interventions that cps claims to have a zero tolerance for is not practice here! This school is not a safe healthy learning environment for my child unless you are part of the political party here, I was confronted by a parent and told to wait here until she comes back after I ask the assistant principal for a parent conference in which the AP told me no conference, and for me to call the parent, I told her I wouldn't contact this parent and that it should be in a conference at thee school.

Posted October 31, 2012
I transferred my kid to this school for the language program even though she is already in upper grade level. The teachers and office staff were extremely helpful to ease her transition into a new school. After one year, I strongly feel that we made the right decision to transfer her there. The environment is very warm and friendly; PTA is the best as I have ever seen. LSC is on top of every issue concerning our education and working closely with the principal. Most of all, my kid now does her own homework without me bugging her. She is encouraged to take her own responsibility. I can't say enough about this school. To get into this school, we went through lottery system. We are so grateful for the opportunity to be part of this community.

Lasalle Elementary Language Academy 4

Posted October 11, 2012
Is this School gives total education program : Math, english ,culture general,sciences, and french language ? What level, they strat math and french language? Thanks for your help.

Posted September 16, 2012
I graduated from LaSalle. I love LaSalle! I was very well prepared for high school. LaSalle gave me the opportunity to do Camp Edwards for 3 days in 6th grade and to travel to Spain for 2 weeks in 8th grade! How many elementary schools do that? The teachers and administrators helped me become the best graduate I could be. I felt respected and I made many friends I will keep for ever! Go Leopards! Go LaSalle!

Posted April 15, 2012
LaSalle is one of the very few schools of excellence in Chicago. It has earned its reputation with consistent high results despite a recruiting process (Lottery) that does not select gifted students. The learning climate is amazing and teachers are competent, dedicated and caring. Each year, 100 % of the 8th graders graduate and a majority of them enroll in selective enrollment high schools. Parents are welcome and many volunteer in the school for recess and lunch duty. What more can you ask from a public school with 32 students per classroom?

Posted December 14, 2011
LaSalle is one of the best schools I can imagine sending my kids to. I live in the Lincoln district but the diversity, parent involvement, quality education, excellent language program, dedicated teachers and quality community environment drew me to LaSalle. I cannot be happier. We are so lucky that both of our children attend LaSalle and get to grow up in an open-minded, caring, and academically rigorous environment.

Lasalle Elementary Language Academy 3

Posted April 15, 2011
Lasalle is not a school that focused on the children needs. Lasalle primary focus is testing high. If you're a parent who believes in mastering a subject before moving to the next. Lasalle has a horrible system for this plan. Lasalle usually do many things at one time. This scares me, because my child usually struggles with keeping up or maintaining the necessary materials needed because of this plan. Usually, I'm the one stressed beyond measures to keep my child at the level they think she should be at. For instance, within the last thirty thru sixty days. My child is expected to learn money, clocks, symmetry shapes, angles, number stories, adding, subtraction, counting by 5, 10's. She hasn't mastered most of this stuff, because they usally stay on it for a week and move on to something else. For God's sake, she's six years old and this is only the math we're speaking in terms of. Usually, the parents are required to fill the loop hole of their over stressed system. Because the teachers are never accountable for the rubric they've created. (Goldfigure) Talk about a system set up of corporate.

Posted January 21, 2011
I went to LLA from 1994-2003. It was a wonderful place to grow up. After elementary school, I went to Whitney Young Magnet HS on the near west side and would come back to the Old Town Triangle area for teenage-oriented classes at the Second City Training Center in Piper's Alley. It's been almost a decade since I graduated, but I still look back on my time at Lasalle fondly.

Posted May 02, 2010
I love LaSalle for all of the dedicated and caring teaching staff. I also love its diverse student body and great parental involvement. The is what makes LaSalle stand out from the rest. Excellent school that enriches the students in a positive manner.

Lasalle Elementary Language Academy
1734 North Orleans Street, Chicago, IL  60614
Last modified Lasalle Elementary Language Academy is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lasalle Elementary Language Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 56 reviews.