Chicago, IL

Lawndale Elementary Community Academy 1

Posted March 19, 2014
It would be an awesome school if they focused more on getting supplies such as books for all the students and educating them. Than raising money for cheerleading and soccer,basketball! How can these kids survive in the world without a education!

Posted January 16, 2014
I graduated from Lawndale along with several of my good friends. Lawndale was great and had awesome teachers. If parents in the Lawndale community got involved more with their kids education and stop trying to let the school raise their kids, things would be better these days. My son now goes to Lawndale and judging from his homework the school is still challenging their kids. So why it's graded as a 1, I don't know. If every parent got involved, that would easily change to a 6 or 7. How can we expect our children to respect school and continue to learn if we as parents don't try to help them on a daily basis.

Posted April 06, 2011
I will like to thank The Principal of 1989. I will like to commend all the people who put forth an effort to institute change. Now our children are at risk. We need a working plan that will secure effective, and progressive change, which will give our children the chance to compete in this fast pace world. Just the basics wont do. We need strong leaders that will not break in face of the adversary. Our children can learn and they will learn. teachers need to collaborate to assure success until completion. children who are failing need to be supported. NOTE: children have emotional issues as well. support our students in every way. Note the rate is the consideration of the comment and the application its effect will have.

Posted May 01, 2009

Lawndale Elementary Community Academy 4

Posted February 13, 2008

Lawndale Elementary Community Academy 2

Posted September 19, 2006
a couple of good teachers and a few devoted parents, otherwise the school is lacking in so many areas it's scary. the few good teachers they have are undermined by the obscene lack of resources. and check the state scores, it's heartbreaking.

Lawndale Elementary Community Academy 3

Posted April 13, 2006

Lawndale Elementary Community Academy 4

Posted February 04, 2005
- a former student
Lawndale Community Acacdemy is an amazing school. I attended Lawndale from 1991-1999. I graduated and went on to High School. I graduated High School in 2003 and now I am currently a Sophomore at Howard University. One of the Top Historically Black Colleges in the world and Lawndale helped me get here.

Lawndale Elementary Community Academy
3500 West Douglas Boulevard, Chicago, IL  60623
Last modified Lawndale Elementary Community Academy is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lawndale Elementary Community Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top