Bad
Good

I have a preschooler at Linne School and am so impressed with the quality of instruction and nurture his teacher has provided. The building has an incredibly welcoming atmosphere with a positive attitude coming from staff and students! We will soon have both of our boys attending Linne and are eager to see them grow culturally, creatively, and academically in this school. It truly is a gem within the community.

I hate this school horrible. Everything is so out of control kids need walk around with all their things in the bags due to other kids not keeping their hands to their self.there aren't any lockers. Some of these are so out of tune with life the teachers don't care .I have kids here and I have heard teachers act like the world doesn't matter if these kids don't learn as they say "we are not babysitters" really

Linne is a wonderful and awesome school. I have two children that in my opinion are receiving a challenging and well balanced education. This is truly the hidden gem of the Chicago Public Schools. My son has violin, culinary, and a number of opportunities to get involved in the fine arts. My daughter has learned so much not just about academics but about nutrition and health. She is enrolled in the 55 alive program led by former Bear Otis Wilson and participates in exercise, sports, martial arts, and dance. This happens every single day after-school from 3 to 6 p.m. and it's all FREE. This year the school gave away FREE backpacks, schools supplies, and for halloween all the kids who attended the school's Fall Fest received a huge FREE pumpkin. The teachers are friendly and very involved. The Principal and Vice-Principal are very responsive are really doing an outstanding job! When you consider what other schools offer, you are getting a bargain by attending this public school that behaves more like a $20,000 a year private school. I highly recommend it.

My school is the best Chicago Public School I have ever worked in (5 schools in 9 years). It is filled with energetic kids that care about their education. They are concerned with their performance, want good grades, and respond to positive reinforcement well. This school offeres students a full complement of the arts. It has a full time art and music teacher. It boosts more technology than most Chicago Public Schools and the technology teacher was voted as the "technolgy instructor to watch" in 2013/2014. The school partners with many organizations to bring innovative programs both during the school day and after school. The students at Linne experience culinary classes, an after school drama program that is growing in scope and quality, violin, ballet, dancing, guitar, ceramics and innovative enrichment classes at the middle school level developed out of the students interests. The school has very little behavioral issues and focuses on having high behavior expectations for all students using a positive behavior incentive system involving lots of modeling and teaching of social norms. We also boast one of the cities few true bilingual education programs. Linne is great!

SO this school is really out of control needs to improve a lot time to get rid of the problems starting with an uncooperative staff members teachers do not the kids with learning disabilities The gifted kids learn like regular sixth grade nothing special just more homework really. Fighting why to much in this school and the parents are so out of touch with reality . awesome principal horrible staff and little respect for the school by the kids

Linne is a school on the move, students get a great education as well as the taste of the arts, students at Linne get to experience tap, jazz dance violin, guitar, photography, ballet as well as culinary. In the year 2014-2015 Linne students at Linne will experience and learn the ins and outs of bring a Mariachis band. Linne students are taught by deadacated, highly educated and teachers willing to go the extra mile for all it's students. The wellness committee earned a gold medal for the school for its decation to the students health and wellness. We invite you to come visit with us.

I love Linne school and I am one of their biggest advocates. As a former student and a parent of two children that attended Linne I can t express how grateful I am to the principal, teachers and support staff for giving my children an excellent education. The teachers are amazing, committed, easily accessible and available to answer questions and the school strongly encourages parent involvement. Both of my children have received an excellent education and I would recommend this school to everyone.

This school in my opinion, is probably becoming more worse by the second. Last year teachers with high expectations got fired because low scores. Not because of how they taught but the opinions of the principal and lack of effort from children. Now all that I see is disgusting food, dirty floors, and fights. The staff start to change attitudes when parents are around(children tell me.) Parents should be more alert with schools like these. Linne has got to step it up, there are better schools in the city! They may have added programs but the teachers are the main reason children have lack of effort! Last thing is my child always comes in with so much to do whether test study, tons on homework or projects! I would like to have a break and talk to my child NOT about school but life. This school sucks the kids life out. Linne use to be a grand school when my last children went here.

Love my child's KinderGarten Teacher and the Principal of this school, my son started Reading !!

As a prior parent and community member, Linne has a lot of programs that weren't available when my children went here now they offer programs for the parents, students and community. Linne is a great neighborhood school something most parents are look for. The teachers and staff at Linne strive to making sure the students are held to the highest standards. CPS should use Linne as a model for all neighborhood schools.

Last modified Linne Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.