Chicago, IL
Students enrolled: 1,848

Posted May 24, 2011
My daughter is currently a junior at Kenwood. She started as a sophmore there, and all I would like to say is thumbs up. This is such a wonderful school. Keep up the good work...To ALL the teachers, principle, parent volunteers (wish I could do more) GOOD JOB...PLEASE PLEASE Keep Up the Good work that you are doing with our children. THANK YOU!!! Sincerely

Posted February 07, 2011
I am a Asian American student at Kenwood High School. I am now a junior and have been at the school since 7th grade. I can tell you that this a a great school. I am currently taking two college courses at University of Chicago for free! I have met so many different students from different racial backgrounds. The school is about 80% Black and 10% White and Asian. We all get along and there aren't any fights. I feel completely safe here and is looking forward to my senior year. Kenwood offer over 15 advanced placement courses, plenty of sports& clubs, awesome teachers, four different foreign languages, including, Madarin Chinese!!! I am planning on going to Harvard or continuing at Univ of Chicago.

Posted March 27, 2010
Kenwood is by far, one of the best high schools in the city of Chicago. I am a student there, and I would put it above many of the selective enrollment highschools throughout the city. It has a mixture of personalities and interests, although about 90% of the school is African American (not a bad thing). The school takes great kids and makes them extraordinary, while at the same time, it takes bad students and makes them good students also. Kenwood is more rigorous and helpful than many people perceive it to be. Kenwood's mission is COLLEGE, and it does pretty well getting most people there.

Posted February 18, 2010

Kenwood Academy High School 3

Posted February 16, 2010
I think Kenwood is a very good school. Although, again I think the clubs that they have there should put more thought to academic achievement and require the students to have at least passing grades in order to participate in the clubs. Also, if a student shows early on that they should not be in honor classes they should be allowed a way to drop them and go into regular courses where they would do better. Also, I believe that parents should be called in for consultation with their children and teachers more often where needed. There was a time where this was mandatory. Unfortunately, some parents don't know how to be parents when it comes to motivating school interest for their children. I do echo the other parents regarding the excellence of the school for there college bond determination the students.

Posted February 16, 2010
Congratulations Kenwood Academy for being named the Silver Medalist High School. I think Kenwood Academy High School is one of the best schools in the nation. My daughter attended their and graduated and is now a very successful college student. I attribute much of her success to Kenwood Academy High School. The Principal is awesome in caring for the students and she has a great team of administrative staff, teachers, counselors, nurses, lunchroom attendants, security staff, maintenance staff, librarian and staff, volunteer parents, volunteer tutors, graduation staff, local school council and if I left out anyone else you are also included. This school is just great. Thanks Kenwood Academy (Silver Medalist)School.

Posted February 15, 2010
Kenwood is an excellent school. I have had family in attendace at Kenwood since the early 80's and I am also a Kenwood alumni. I now have children who attend Kenwood and it is truly a family enviroment. Understanding and caring staff are follwing the foot steps of the principal. I am proud to say that my family and now children are products of Kenwood academy. GO BRONCOS

Posted September 06, 2009
Kenwood is a school that not only challenges the students, but this particular high school gears them up for the real competitive world that awaits them. So, Kenwood Academy is a fantastic school to enroll your child. Just to give heads up, Kenwood does not tolerate non-sense!!. Just a reminder

Posted March 15, 2009
I am also a teacher at one of the best schools in the city of Chicago, Kenwood Academy. We not only boast the best teachers and students, but our principal is by far the best in the system. We are truly a family and I echoe the teacher in the previous post, 'wouldn't trade this job for a million bucks.' If you are in search of a high school that will nurture your child and challenge them in the process, then kenwood hands down is your choice. There aren't too many teachers today who can say that they still love this profession. However, as long as I am employed in a place where the principal listens and the staff is truly a family, I am here for the duration of my career - Go Broncos!

Kenwood Academy High School 0

Posted February 16, 2009
kenwood is the school of excellence! I am a parent of a freshmen at kenwood an I feel that we made the right decision to enroll here. My child got in at one of the top catholic high schools but did not have the AP programs and there is so much more to offer here. Principal Kirby is the best and the teachers care about the students . The curriculum is very rigorous for students and challenging. Kenwoods name may not be your top but they certainly are college ready. My child loves this school and Kenwood is the best and number one school.

Kenwood Academy High School
5015 South Blackstone Avenue, Chicago, IL  60615
Last modified Kenwood Academy High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kenwood Academy High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top