Chicago, IL

Posted June 05, 2014
It's pretty bad.. N they've actually gotten the gang thing under control, but still bad teachers and very bad administration.

Posted September 30, 2013
From the perspective of someone from outside this school (not a parent ), the administration does not present a "friendly, supportive image' and is not particularly interested in how YOU were treated by students within the school. I feel they exemplify ( negative qualities ) what many people feel about a great many schools within the system, although not warranted in many cases. Another classic case of a 'poorly administered shool in my view! It does not seem that their ( administratively ) headed in the right direction, sad to say.

Lowell Elementary School 3

Posted January 28, 2013
I attended Lowell from 1966-1969. Even then it was an at risk school. many of the students were new immigrants and I remember often working as a teacher's assistant since some teachers were overwhelmed with the language barrier and English was my first language. There were fights after school most days and very little involvement from the staff. All that said at Lowell I had a teacher that greatly influenced my life. Ronald T. Pelley was our fifth grade teacher. He was involved in theater and brought that interest into our classroom. By the end of the year we had put on several productions that would rival anything you'd see on a professional stage. He exposed us to something most of us would never experience and changed our lives. We loved him and it was never the same after he left. Sometimes one teacher even in the worse school can make all the difference.

Posted May 23, 2012
I went to this school from 1988 thru 1994 and i feared inside and outside the school.... i amd a female ad I would get chased home, I was once hit by a brick in back of my head by gangs. school wouldnt do anything and since I said something they made it a routine to bother me everyday. even on weekends when I was sent to local stores. I am so glade I left from there and moved far away.

Posted May 20, 2012
My kids have been going for three years to this school and it has been a nightmare. The principal doesn't want to meet with you, the teachers don't teach well, and there's no communication with the parents. My son is in kinder for nine months and has learned nothing. They don't teach him to write, the alphabet, nothing! I've been teaching him at home after school. I feel sorry for the parents who send thier children to this school. Right now i'm in the process of changing schools. I recomend Stowe School. A Concern Parent

Posted January 19, 2011
i went to lowell school in chicago, and let me tell you this it was a nightmare. the gangs controlled the school. the police did nothing. i had knives put up to my thoak, jump in my class room by one of them gang members, the school did nothing about it, they fear the gangs. and what this school did to me ??? it was a nightmare

Posted October 14, 2010
Lowell lacks leadership and direction. It is apparent that the students run the school, not the staff. It is a shame that the few teachers and staff that are good at theire job do not have the support and guidance of their superiors.

Lowell Elementary School 5

Posted November 22, 2009

Lowell Elementary School 4

Posted February 01, 2008
3 years ago, the first time my child came to this school I was in doubt, but this school did do what they said. They would teach my child every thing that she needs to know and also had programms for my child. I will be sending my other child here as well

Lowell Elementary School
3320 West Hirsch Street, Chicago, IL  60651
Last modified Lowell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lowell Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top