Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

King is one of the best-kept secrets of the Chicago Public Schools system. This is my daughter's second year, and I could not be more pleased with the school. The classes are rigorous, the teachers are absolutely wonderful, and I am really excited about the new interim principal (who was the assistant principal last year)! The fact that it's not far from my house is a total bonus, but I would drive across the city to get there if I had to. (And the football team made it to the state level this year, so there's that, too!)

King is a wonderful school. It not only focuses on academics but focuses on the students who go there, they not only have a wonderful curriculum but performing arts as well. From band to dance,King has it all. They really are preparing every student for a road to success and being the best person they could possibly be by steering them in the right direction.

King is a state-of-the-art high school with three theatre spaces, two gyms, a professional dance studio and a pool. The students are talented, smart, friendly, and down-to-earth with their focus on their very bright futures. King offers every program you could wish for, and the most caring team of teachers and counselors you will find. An award-winning school in many programs, I feel blessed to teach at this school ... what else? Caring, involved community and parents ... steady improvement in test scores and other academic measurements ... a well-rounded curriculum and seemingly endless electives for students to expand their education ... King is the place to be. Period.

This was my daughter's number one choice for high school. The curriculum is challenging, but there are so many supports in place. There is before school tutoring, after school tutoring, lunch tutoring and teachers even tutor. There are so many activities that every student can find their place at King. The principal talks about how King molds the minds of scholar-leaders, scholar-athletes, and scholar-artists. I can honestly say that mt daughter is all three.

I drop my son off each morning and I am amazed to see the principal outside everyday, greeting every student. The team at King takes their jobs very personally. The English teachers volunteer their time after school to re-teach and re-test students who need the additional instruction. There are other teachers who give up their lunch periods to help my son nearly every week. I wish i had this kind of support for my older daughter at another school.

My daughter graduated from King College Prep in 2010 and is doing quite well at a top University. With the leadership of Mr Wright, my consistent communication with the teachers and her desire to do well in school...combination of all three, has provided my daughter an opportunity to receive a great education, and let's not forget scholarship awards!

My oldest daughter is a sophomore at King and my youngest will be attending in the fall. I am very pleased with this school -- the principal is committed and dynamic, the teachers are dedicated, the school offers a wide variety of extracurricular activities, and the school has numerous leadership and related opportunities, such as the annual King Goes to College Day, where the entire freshmen, sophomore, and junior classes spend the day visiting colleges as close as Loyola and as far away as the University of Michigan. It's an awesome school -- and as more students and parents give it a chance, it will only continue to excel.

There is a lot of window dressing at King. Scores have not gone up. A college prep where students do not meet minimum standards...some in the 40s, not even 50% of the students meet in all areas

Wrote the long review dated Sept. 22, 2010 , just forgot to do a rating. King is headed in the right direction. I just hope the underfunding of education in Illinois does not throw it off track.

I love my school. It has tons of clubs from chess to gardening to hip hop culture. We have over 800 students and the teachers listen to us if they have the time and we have a problem. I wouldn't have chosen anywhere else to go before or after I got there. Sure I feel like i'm being challenged too much from time to time but my teachers are very supportive and rarely can you ever fail a class without a teacher having to breathe down your neck to get you back on track! I am a 9th grader at King and I love it!

Last modified King College Prep High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.