Chicago, IL
Students enrolled: 1,408

Posted September 03, 2013
I must say the current administration is a hard working and dedicated one. The principal always has time for parents. I have two children with an IEP. The services they recieve are stellar. This is by far one of the better schools in Chicago.

Posted December 07, 2012
I graduated from this school in 2009, believe me the teachers prepare you for the world outside and highschool. Right now I'm a senior at Von Steuben and glad with the tons of work Mary Lyon gave me because I learned to work, study, socialize, and become a high achiever! Thank you Mary Lyon teachers/staff members!!!

Lyon Elementary School 3

Posted February 10, 2010
my child is attending this school and she doesnt like it. ive seen personaly see the mountains of difficult and stupid assignments assigned. the extra-curriculums are pretty good though. the teachers are okay. but currently i dont like this school.

Lyon Elementary School

Posted September 10, 2009
i just graduated from mary lyon class of 09! been in mary lyon my whole life since kindergarten, i have to say im going to miss this school alot! the teachers exspecially the 8th grade teachers are awsome! bye mary lyon gona miss it

Lyon Elementary School 4

Posted September 03, 2009
My son is currently attending Mary Lyon and I have to say he loves his former teacher and is so amped to start 1st grade. The teachers and principal are very dedicated. I would recommend anyone in the area to take their child to this great school!

Posted November 13, 2008
I just graduated from Mary Lyon and like Richard i am really going to miss the school. At Mary Lyon our graduating class may not have been the best but one thing was for sure, we were all like family (teachers included). 7th and 8th grade year were the best years of my life! I'll never forget my friends or teachers. =[

Lyon Elementary School 4

Posted April 01, 2007
I think that in ten years I have been involved with Mary Lyon there has been many positve changes for the better.Maybe we can utilize this Web site with a calender with LSC dates,1/2 days etc. to keep parents informed of whats going on I am sure that 1/2 of the parents dont even know about this site.Keep up the good work Mary Lyon students,teachers,staff and principal.

Lyon Elementary School 1

Posted July 15, 2006
I have children at Mary Lyon school, and I must say there are very great teachers there.Unfortunantly,there is very little programs for the arts, science and no extracurricular at all. There is about 5% of parent involvement, plus a very rude office staff,that needs a lesson in manners. I wish the principal would look into some more arts and music programs to inspire our children. Maybe even add a playground ????

Posted June 03, 2005
Currently im an 8th grader at Mary Lyon Elementary and I have to say that I am deeply going to miss Mary Lyon. The teacher's in the school make you try harder and reach your goals. Yeah there are some fight here and there but honestly aren't there fights in every school. The students of Mary Lyon do indeed know the consquences...mostly facing the discipline teacher. I'm not here to make our school sound the best school. i'm just telling you from a studnet's point of view.

Lyon Elementary School 3

Posted April 07, 2004
I feel that Mary Lyon is a very good school. There are many outstanding teachers who are very dedicated to the children of this community. I would like to see some activites initiated for the children at this school and also see some parent involvement.

Lyon Elementary School
2941 North McVicker Avenue, Chicago, IL  60634
Last modified Lyon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lyon Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top