Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Strongly disagree

There were several instances where the faculty displayed behavior that was detrimental to the emotional health of their students. Honesty, Integrity, and fairness were clearly not the primary focus of these teachers.

I must say the current administration is a hard working and dedicated one. The principal always has time for parents. I have two children with an IEP. The services they recieve are stellar. This is by far one of the better schools in Chicago.

I graduated from this school in 2009, believe me the teachers prepare you for the world outside and highschool. Right now I'm a senior at Von Steuben and glad with the tons of work Mary Lyon gave me because I learned to work, study, socialize, and become a high achiever! Thank you Mary Lyon teachers/staff members!!!

my child is attending this school and she doesnt like it. ive seen personaly see the mountains of difficult and stupid assignments assigned. the extra-curriculums are pretty good though. the teachers are okay. but currently i dont like this school.

i just graduated from mary lyon class of 09! been in mary lyon my whole life since kindergarten, i have to say im going to miss this school alot! the teachers exspecially the 8th grade teachers are awsome! bye mary lyon gona miss it

My son is currently attending Mary Lyon and I have to say he loves his former teacher and is so amped to start 1st grade. The teachers and principal are very dedicated. I would recommend anyone in the area to take their child to this great school!

I just graduated from Mary Lyon and like Richard i am really going to miss the school. At Mary Lyon our graduating class may not have been the best but one thing was for sure, we were all like family (teachers included). 7th and 8th grade year were the best years of my life! I'll never forget my friends or teachers. =[

I think that in ten years I have been involved with Mary Lyon there has been many positve changes for the better.Maybe we can utilize this Web site with a calender with LSC dates,1/2 days etc. to keep parents informed of whats going on I am sure that 1/2 of the parents dont even know about this site.Keep up the good work Mary Lyon students,teachers,staff and principal.

Last modified Lyon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.