Posted November 04, 2014
This school ha s improved since it became AUSL, but it is still horrible. The teachers, Deans and Principles are trying to over compensate for the prior grade of the school, and have unrealistic ideals. Yes, they are trying to implement programs and teach in a new fashion, but the rate at which they expect a turnaround is ridiculous. Not to metion, teach erstwhile do n of a knowledge the children and their is a constant issue with the cafeteria and children becoming ill.

Marquette Elementary School 1

Posted March 25, 2012
One of Chicago's worst schools and nobody cares. Whenever I go to that school as a substitute teacher, the principal is not around. She is always in her office and everything is left to the assistant principal and the other office staff.

Marquette Elementary School 3

Posted February 10, 2012
I graduated from this school i was in the IB program and the teachers were great some of which i had were mrs.g mrs.williams and mrs.sweiss they helped me a lot some of the best teachers ive had! my brothers still continue to go to this school and ive have seen a great fall from when i went there it seems like some of the teachers dont care enough while others are simply okay. They need better security, there is always something going on like a fight or some kid getting in trouble because he brought something to school that he want suppose to.

Marquette Elementary School 5

Posted December 09, 2011
Best school in Chicago ! My siblings and I attended Marquette West from preschool to 8th grade. We had the best learning experience you could ever get. I had Mrs. G and Mrs. O'Malley when I was in the IB program and with their help I was very prepared for highschool. The teachers really care about students and they want to help them succeed.

Posted October 15, 2009
I believe this school needs alot of work starting from the teacher/parent communication to the security. I transferred my kids from a catholic school due to money issues. But I wish I didn't because the communication is not there.

Posted April 08, 2009
There are great teachers at Marquette like Mrs. Pienta, Mrs. G, Mrs. Williams, Mr. Hidalgo, Mrs. Carver, Mrs. Allison, Mrs. Rodriguez, Mrs. Berenger. I have several children who have or are attending the school. Unfortunately, the school has been in a great decline the last couple of years. The principal is non existant, ask the kids. They don't have any regard for him or ever see him. The assistant principals are either extrememly unprofessional like Ms. Reed or do not have good follow through like Mrs. Cunningham. Not so sure about the other assistant Mrs. Delahuarta. Yes, parents have to be accountable for their children, but the school needs to set the standard for the students to work toward. I wish I could afford to move from the neighborhood to switch schools. Just glad that many of the teachers still work very hard despite the way the school is run.

Posted January 15, 2009
I want to reply to the parents that wrote the previous responses. This school is filled with passionate teachers trying to make a difference. The assistant principles are great at what they do. There are many parents that work hard for the school and the students. The biggest problem in this school is that many parents do not handle their kids at home and give excuses for their child's behavior instead of trying to correct it.

Posted November 04, 2008
I really deeply disdain this school. I don't think kids look forward to going to school everyday. Like the parent before me said children can get detentions for not having their shirts tucked in. On picture day kids must go in uniform, most of the staff and kids agree that thats not fair knowing that we are the ones paying. One of my childs teachers just sits around on the phone computer or texting all day long. I think that the best eighth grade teachers are Mrs.Pienta and Mrs. Banks they really try their best to help us learn. Im sorry but we need major changes pronto!

Posted October 27, 2008

Marquette Elementary School 1

Posted September 22, 2008
Marquette is a terrible school. I have had children enrolled in this school for the past seven years. There has been a steady decline in the quality of education there. The teachers don't seem interested in teaching. A child can recieve a detention for not having their shirt tucked in. While other students are disruptive and aggressive and there's nothing done about it. Mr. O'Toole doesn't get his hands dirty when it comes to taking charge. He seems content to sit in his office, while Mrs. Cunningham or Ms. Reed deal with issues affecting the school. Mrs. Congemi has also had to take charge of issues that have not neccessarily fallen under her job description.

Marquette Elementary School
6550 South Richmond Street, Chicago, IL  60629
Last modified Marquette Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Marquette Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top