Lane Technical High School 3

Posted September 29, 2014
There are some great things about Lane. Some of the teachers are pretty good, and there are a lot of opportunities for kids to attend after school tutoring in many subjects. But unfortunately many of the kids are not friendly and the counselor was completely unreachable. Together this led to social isolation and depression for my child.

Lane Technical High School 4

Posted May 10, 2014
My school is unique...to say the least. I'm currently finishing my junior year at Lane, and the school has definitely been a challenge. If you're a parent you should send your child to Lane to experience diversity like no other, challenging school work, and to gain a proper education. If you're a student, and Lane is on your list of potential schools definitely choose Lane! As a student you'll meet sooo many people, and you most likely won't like everyone...but that's life. Overall Lane provides a well rounded experience.

Posted March 24, 2014
This school is amazing. Don't be scared by the size. Case manager and social worker are amazing!!! Great teachers and admin also!

Lane Technical High School 3

Posted September 18, 2013
I am focusing this review on the social event opportunities not the academics. If I'd known how the social events were managed I would have steered my child differently.My senior has participated in sports all 4 years and has done well academically. My complaint is with the limited opportunity to attend school dances and events requiring limited tickets. I feel that social aspects are important to consider as well as academics and athletics. I understand that there are close to 5000 kids at Lane and limits must be put in placed. However, I find it sad that junior and seniors do not have a better opportunity than freshman and sophomores to attend dances. This year only 160 tickets were available per lunch period on a first come first serve basis(last year it was 300). My child rushed to the line and the tickets sold out. It was a repeat of prior years at Lane. Again, seniors were not given a priority over freshman or sophmores. So 4 years at Lane, working hard, representing LT in sports and my child has not been able to go to the homecoming dance at all. Words cannot express how sad I am that my child, once again, was has been left out of an memorable high school event.

Posted August 01, 2013
My daughter is a graduate of the Inaugural class of 2013 Lane Tech Academic Center. As a south sider I was a bit concerned with sending her on the other side of town. Best decision I ever made. I love the Administration, Teachers, Security, coaches, students and parents. Excellent community. I daughter continues to grown academically and personally by leaps and bounds!!! We love Lane - Myrtle & Gold all the way!!! GO INDIANS

Posted July 08, 2013
This school has many great class options, such a wide variety. The new LTAC six year program is great because it allows the students to get a head start on high school courses and then college. This school has done very great with this program by having such amazing teachers, so many classes and activities, and support by upperclassmen. Overall this school is fantastic!

Posted February 20, 2013
Lane offers many more classes than any other high school out in Chicago. This year Organic chemistry, Bio-Chemistry, and engineering and design were available as electives. Next year Neuroscience, Apple Class (where you design your own apps), and a class where you build your own PC and design your own IOS will be offered. There are many more classes but these are just a few of the new ones. You get what you put in. Great school.

Posted September 13, 2012
Lane is so diverse and so academically challenging, if you take the right courses, you cannot go wrong. There is something for everyone here and I do not regret coming one bit. I am proud to be going to the School of Champions. Who are we? LT!

Posted August 29, 2012
The academic center at this school is amazing. It is very advanced. This school also has a great orchestra, and in general, music program (band, chorus, etc.). Lane is very diverse, with different kinds of people and a variety of clubs and sports. There is a great Science Olympiad Team here (both high school and the academic center) and a good math team. I would also like to mention the teachers here are amazing.

Posted June 29, 2012
Lane Tech's Academic Center is GREAT. My son was in the inaugural 7th grade class and LOVED it. He was challenged, and supported not only by the teachers and staff, but also the upperclassmen. Its a great academically advanced program option for students on the north side, and all over the city. All classes are taught at the honors level and our son already had 2.5 high school credits by the end of this year. 7th grade extracurricular activities this first year included football, basketball, baseball, softball, soccer, tennis, track & field, cheerleading, chess, drama, debate, science olympiad, Latin Curtamen, math team, chess, and volleyball. More programs are being planned for next year already. They had their own formal dances and other social student events as well as a 7th grade trip to Springfield. Next year the 8th graders are off to Washington DC. Just an awesome program all around.

Lane Technical High School
2501 West Addison Street, Chicago, IL  60618
Last modified Lane Technical High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lane Technical High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 69 reviews. Top