Chicago, IL
Students enrolled: 4,330

Lane Technical High School 2

Posted May 12, 2015
My son attends Lane & we we are greatly disappointed. The size of the classrooms were overcrowded & unfortunately, it came as a price for my child. We're transferring him to a charter school for next year. Hopefully he hasn't fallen too far behind. The teachers at Lane just don't have the time to take out & help the kids. Well considering there are 4,000 students, I'm not surprised.

Lane Technical High School 3

Posted September 29, 2014
There are some great things about Lane. Some of the teachers are pretty good, and there are a lot of opportunities for kids to attend after school tutoring in many subjects. But unfortunately many of the kids are not friendly and the counselor was completely unreachable. Together this led to social isolation and depression for my child.

Lane Technical High School 4

Posted May 10, 2014
My school is unique...to say the least. I'm currently finishing my junior year at Lane, and the school has definitely been a challenge. If you're a parent you should send your child to Lane to experience diversity like no other, challenging school work, and to gain a proper education. If you're a student, and Lane is on your list of potential schools definitely choose Lane! As a student you'll meet sooo many people, and you most likely won't like everyone...but that's life. Overall Lane provides a well rounded experience.

Posted March 24, 2014
This school is amazing. Don't be scared by the size. Case manager and social worker are amazing!!! Great teachers and admin also!

Lane Technical High School 3

Posted September 18, 2013
I am focusing this review on the social event opportunities not the academics. If I'd known how the social events were managed I would have steered my child differently.My senior has participated in sports all 4 years and has done well academically. My complaint is with the limited opportunity to attend school dances and events requiring limited tickets. I feel that social aspects are important to consider as well as academics and athletics. I understand that there are close to 5000 kids at Lane and limits must be put in placed. However, I find it sad that junior and seniors do not have a better opportunity than freshman and sophomores to attend dances. This year only 160 tickets were available per lunch period on a first come first serve basis(last year it was 300). My child rushed to the line and the tickets sold out. It was a repeat of prior years at Lane. Again, seniors were not given a priority over freshman or sophmores. So 4 years at Lane, working hard, representing LT in sports and my child has not been able to go to the homecoming dance at all. Words cannot express how sad I am that my child, once again, was has been left out of an memorable high school event.

Posted August 01, 2013
My daughter is a graduate of the Inaugural class of 2013 Lane Tech Academic Center. As a south sider I was a bit concerned with sending her on the other side of town. Best decision I ever made. I love the Administration, Teachers, Security, coaches, students and parents. Excellent community. I daughter continues to grown academically and personally by leaps and bounds!!! We love Lane - Myrtle & Gold all the way!!! GO INDIANS

Posted July 08, 2013
This school has many great class options, such a wide variety. The new LTAC six year program is great because it allows the students to get a head start on high school courses and then college. This school has done very great with this program by having such amazing teachers, so many classes and activities, and support by upperclassmen. Overall this school is fantastic!

Lane Technical High School 4

Posted May 16, 2013
My daughter loves going to school, I believe the campus is engaging, challenging,yet comfortable. Teachers do care about the students.

Posted February 20, 2013
Lane offers many more classes than any other high school out in Chicago. This year Organic chemistry, Bio-Chemistry, and engineering and design were available as electives. Next year Neuroscience, Apple Class (where you design your own apps), and a class where you build your own PC and design your own IOS will be offered. There are many more classes but these are just a few of the new ones. You get what you put in. Great school.

Posted January 05, 2013
Along with the football stadium lane has, there is currently a baseball stadium being built behind it!

Lane Technical High School
2501 West Addison Street, Chicago, IL  60618
Last modified Lane Technical High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lane Technical High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 61 reviews. Top