Chicago, IL

Posted January 12, 2011
I attended Mayo during the 60's prior to moving to W. MI. In comparison, that school was Class AA compared to moving here. Mayo was very disciplined and demanded respect to others, even as children. The bldg had an in-glassed office and an aluminum staircase right outside the office door leading to the 2nd flr, which was for staff only. I remember the science fairs. What a difference when I arrived here. I will re-visit my old school when coming back to Chicago. Good ole Mayo!!

Posted June 26, 2010
parents are welcome.Great(LSC)meetings ,a excellent chairperson mrs.Henderson.we have a strong,fair,and careing prinipal and staff.Our academic programs is excellent!!! What a joyful after school programs.

Posted July 22, 2009

Posted August 14, 2007

Mayo Elementary School 4

Posted October 25, 2006
observing the overview and mission of the school itself it seem to be a lot of parent involvement and teacher interest and care of of our youngsters , that has a lot to do with a wonderful principle that care . The expertise of the staff and faculty shows each and every time you walk through the doors.

Mayo Elementary School 4

Posted January 12, 2006
I think its a great school which is under rated. The curriculum as well as the discipline aspects helps our children tramendously. I've been involved with the school for many years one way or another and I am proud to say it's getting better every year. Latosha Walker

Posted March 06, 2005
My name Is Trenadet Jones and my children attend Mayo School. Mayo school has very good programs for the students. There staff is great and I will rate the principal of the school wonderful. And the reason why I will say he's wonderful is because he care's alot about his school and kids there grade and so much more.Mayo school has helped my daughter Jessica Jones bring her grade up. The teachers really works with the kids and there not just there to get a pay check like the other teachers at other schools. There principal also works with the students in all subjects. I rank Mayo school number 1 . Mayo staff your wonderful! Trenadet Jones Parent Of Jessica Jones & Nakia Sims

Mayo Elementary School 3

Posted March 28, 2004
The academics and discipline are very good. Safety is poor due to lack of adequate supervision before/ after schools. Parent participation is discouraged: meetings are held during work hours instead of after school like most; disrespectful attitude toward female parents. It gives the appearance of being culturally appreciative, but in reality the principal is a bigot. If he were to undertake extensive cultural sensitivity training, then the school would continue to grow. If you are culturally aware or faith-centered, in no uncertain terms are you and your child welcome at this school.

Mayo Elementary School
249 East 37th Street, Chicago, IL  60653
Last modified Mayo Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mayo Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top