Chicago, IL

Posted March 30, 2015
I was worried about sending my son here at first. He has now been there four years. From the principle to the teachers security and lunch staff this school is amazing. Every person knows each and every student by name, and their parents. They are very open and eddy to contact for any needs our concerns. In my opinion this is the best choice in school you could ask for. I would recommend any poison in search of a great school to go here. Mr. Shoffner abd mrs. Walker are the best principles I have ever seen and dealt with. The teaching staff is also amazing abd very interactive with their students and parents. Awesome place to be.

Posted August 25, 2013
McClellan has great autism program. .The school has even sensory room for our kids .My daughter love going to school ,the staff are very good. Hope this school year will be even better than last one.

Posted July 12, 2013
My two children transferred to McClellan from Healy last year and although I was initially worried about how they would adjust, I soon realized that there was no reason to worry. Their teachers, Ms. Brown and Ms. Sanchez were wonderful and the entire staff is very friendly and helpful! So glad to be a part of the McClellan family!!!

Posted October 20, 2011
McCllelan has come a very long way and is such a short time. Principal Shoffner is incredible! Under his leadership, McClellan is becoming the school that all parents want for their children, i.e. competant instructors, extra-curricular activities, discipline measures, parent involvement and opportunities. In his short time, McClellan has brought in the arts, mentors for the students, technology, science labs, sports playground, etc. As a parent and member of the LSC, I do not have enough space to tell you about our risen attainment. Principal Shoffner, and fellow LSC members, let us continue to stand tall

Posted December 11, 2010
Well I am ecstatic about leaving this review now for McClellan Elementary School. I wanted a change for this school and thank you God we got it! We have a new principal Mr. Joseph Shoffner and he is taking our school to a higher level fast. We have many more programs, scores are increasing, more parents are involved and the overall feeling in the school is warm and inviting. The old principal Mrs. Mary Garcia-humphreys wherever you are I wish you well and hope that you find what you were called to do. Unfortunately It wasn't in the field of teaching our kids. We now have strong leadership and a Principal who cares! Thank you Mr. Shoffner!! We truly love and appreciate you and Talman Elementary School.

Posted July 29, 2010
my child attends mcclellan and has improved over the years and the principal is great.

Posted February 25, 2010
Unfortunately McClellan is sorely lacking in proficient principal leadership. There are no programs for our children. No technology classes since the computer teacher and music teacher were fired. The principal seems to have no interest in starting new programs or locating any resources to do so in spite numerous requests from the parents to do so. We have consistently asked about introducing technology classes for our children only to be told that its up to their teachers if they want to take them to the computer lab. Most of these teachers know how to teach proper computer lessons and are not comfortable taking chances just in case their kids damage the computers and they have to face unfortunate recourse because they were not proper technology teachers. Thankfully only recently a new LSC team was formed and they are working extremely hard to find outstanding, accountable and resourceful leadership for our school.

Posted September 25, 2007
I need to agrre with 2 reviews that were posted prior to mine. The Pre-K & Kindergarten teachers are good & It does seem to go down hill from there. I don't think that the teacher put enough effort in teaching our children. I've heard form both of my children that the teacher's do not take the time to help them understand the work there doing. When I sit down & do homework with my children they do seem to understand what they are doing once I take the time to explain. Schools are supposed to be there to help educate our children, that's why we send them to school everday. Teacher's seem to care more when I was a child growing up.

Posted December 03, 2006
I find this school as having a great potential with a little more help and more efforts from parents and teachers altogether. The Principal is new but very energetic and enthusiastic. The Volleyball team is still ' young ', however, overtime I knew it will change because of high-spirited students and a very encouraging Coach. Overall the Principal and the School Staff and Faculty are working hard towards the achievement of high quality of learning for the students.- Jeanna Lopez

Mcclellan Elementary School 3

Posted September 08, 2005
Overall I believe the school needs help with their programs and qualified teachers. The Pre-K and Kindergarten Teachers are amazing. It is a shame for the education to go down hill after that. I hope we can get a better lesson plan and continue to send our daughter there. I don't even think they participate in sports. Maybe the parents could get together and help organize some extra cirricular activities.

3527 South Wallace Street, Chicago, IL  60609
Last modified Mcclellan Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mcclellan Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top