Chicago, IL
Students enrolled: 1,113

Posted January 10, 2011
This school is great. I've been here since pre-k and will hopefully stay until 8th grade. The teachers are great and the help we get here couldn't be better!

Monroe Elementary School 2

Posted December 16, 2009

Posted January 15, 2009

Posted November 20, 2007

Posted November 19, 2007
I love this school it is great for my daughter

Posted June 18, 2007

Posted November 22, 2006
I do not know of any extracurricular activities for pre-k. The teacher and her asistant especially have a very bad manners towards us parents especially me who always wants and asks for ethical behavior. The are a lot of gender discrimination between the children, my child has come home saying that the girls did not want to share the building blocks with him because he was a boy and that the girl took her tongue out at him. This class does not have close supervision by the teacher. I have had a principal-teacher-parent comference but the principal did not frighten them they are the same.

Posted January 06, 2006
- a former student

Monroe Elementary School 3

Posted October 03, 2005
I have to say that Monroe has surprised me. They've been putting forth so much effort to bring students up to standards. Monroe offers tutoring for students that need extra help, as well as a gifted program for students who could use that extra challenge. The school also has a nice variety of programs in their very own community center. Parents and children can take part in everything from dress-making to kung-fu! Overall, for a neighborhood school, it was a real relief to find that my child would be challenged where she needed to be challenged and helped where needed as well.

Monroe Elementary School
3651 West Schubert Avenue, Chicago, IL  60647
Last modified Monroe Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Monroe Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top