Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Moos Elementary School
Grateful to: School leader

Posted June 25, 2016
Thanks to all the staff for their great work with my grandchildren. The Principal is wonderful! I know how hard it is to get so much done,

Posted May 19, 2015
Moos Elementary teachers, students and faculty are amazing! The school is home to the students from surrounding neighborhoods including Bucktown, Humboldt Park and Logan Square and conveniently accessible by the 606, a new elevated walking and biking path that runs through all 3 neighborhoods. I personally have had children in all possible public and private school options (neighborhood, magnet, selective enrollment and private) and I can attest that Moos has the best administration and teachers. The principal and assistant principal work tirelessly to hire the best teachers that are uniquely qualified for Moos students. The teachers are passionate about their work and deeply care about educating their students. I am lucky to live near such an amazing neighborhood school! If you have a child K-8, I would recommend taking a tour of the school!

Posted May 17, 2015
I am so excited that we have such an amazing school just a few blocks away. Moos is diverse, inclusive, positive, and the students and staff are all engaged.

Posted April 17, 2015
I am a student at Moos since I have been in pre-K . I am so proud of being a part of this amazing school. The teachers are exceptional when it comes to teaching they push us to do better and they take the time to help if we need it, even it cuts out of their personal time. They offer great after school programs like Mural Making Club and Yearbook. Even a weekend program to help those on their NWEA score. Never have i felt unsafe in the building the staff is very trust worthy. I recommend this school to all the parents who want their child to succeed education wise the principle is very involved and makes sure that everyone is happy and ready to learn.My parents could not have made a better choice !! If I could I would give it 100 stars :)

Posted April 17, 2015
Moos is an amazing and vibrant learning community. The administration has built strong teams of teachers and developed leadership opportunities for many staff members. Families are supportive and students are respectful and motivated to succeed. Moos offers a wide variety of enrichment opportunities to meet the needs of its diverse learners (before & after school tutoring - even weekends!, Algebra, ELL support, student government, Band, Mural club, etc.) Teachers work tirelessly to provide differentiated and leveled work to make all students feel successful and meet their academic goals. As a teacher, I feel valued in my workplace and love coming to school each day to be with my wonderful students! I'm especially looking forward to next year as we begin to implement the IB program in the middle school.

Posted April 17, 2015
I am a current 8th grader at school elementary, and this is the best school that i have attended so far. I have transferred though about 5 schools and this is the only one that works on the children level. The teachers here are amazing. They very friendly and trust worthy and interactive with the kids. They have a lot of after school programs the give kids extra help if needed such as tutoring, homework club ,and even algebra 1. They are a IB school so the learning here is expanded to things such as spanish class. Over all This is a amazing school and i am going to miss it when i go off to high school.

Posted April 17, 2015
Moos Elementary is a marvelous school with a wonderful staff. The choices and learning opportunities one can take is magnificent. There is much advanced technology and many after school activities. They have great activities during and after school hours not to mention their STAR crew activities. This is a wonderful school I would definitely recommend

Posted April 17, 2015
Im currently an 8th grader in Bernhard Moos Elementary and overall the school is great. I transferred to Moos in 7th grade and my academic scores increased dramatically, I went from an 5th grade nwea score to an 11th grade nwea score. The school is getting better each year, in 3 years we went from a level 3 to a level 1 school! There's technology access everywhere, knowing myself, I cannot be without technology for too long. There are many awards and fun activities, Honor Roll, Algebra I, student government, yearbook, band, tutoring, and other fun stuff. I've only experienced the middle school teachers, but so far they're all great. Moos is a great school and I'll recommend it to anyone.

Posted April 17, 2015
Currently i am a 7th grader attending Moos Elementary. Moos has been my school for 10 years and is very trust worthy. Moos Elementary is a level one school and gives students the opportunity to get their hands on state of the art technology. The Moos staff is very productive and are all very trustworthy. Teachers are willing to stay after school to help and tutor any student that are struggling. Moos has many magnificent after-school opportunities that will better the students' future such as Algebra one, student government, yearbook club, Mural class, jazz band etc. Overall, Moos Elementary is an incredibly focused and organized school and I highly recommend this school to any parent and student that wants to go to a great school.

Posted July 15, 2014
it is a very nice School. My child is learning alot when she comes back from School. and she wants to the libary just to get some books and movies

Moos Elementary School
1711 North California Avenue, Chicago, IL  60647
Last modified Moos Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.