Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted May 04, 2016
Mrs Schumacker is a highly respected member of the school and all the children love her.

Posted May 04, 2016
I always feel welcome as a parent and am very happy either the education provided

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 18, 2015
Thank you to Mrs Bopp and all the teachers/staff at MTG school for making it such a wonderful place for my child to go! We are so grateful for all you do!!!!

Posted November 18, 2015
Excellent Leadership and teaching staff. Challenges the students. The students are being prepared for the next level of education.

Grateful to: Parent

Posted November 18, 2015
Thanks to everyone involved with MTG Athletics! The school leaders for your hard work, the teachers for your continued dedication and the VOLUNTEER Staff and Coaches who take time out of your own lives to allow our children the opportunity to play for Mt. Greenwood School! Go Eagles!!

Posted August 07, 2015
Excellent school, great academics and leadership. I pulled my child out of a local private school in evergreen park, il and it was the best choice I ever made as a parent. In fact, my honor student at that school was tutored to get up to par at MTG. The academics run circles around the private school. There is a much more christian atmosphere also...tolerance is encouraged and manners are enforced. If you live in the Mt Greenwood neighborhood, consider yourself lucky to have this as a choice. The opportunities are excellent here too. My child is now attending a private high school excelling in classes. MtG school is a gem.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted July 31, 2015
I say just right but there have been times when the load has been a bit much.

Posted April 24, 2015
First off, I attended here 20 years ago and it's leaps and bounds ahead of those days. My parents pulled me out then. We were apprehensive at first but did a great deal of research. Now our children attend and we couldn't be happier. It truly has become a neighborhood school. Ms. Reidy is extremely dedicated and it continues down through the entire staff. Multiple parents have relocated from catholic schools or suburban districts with highly regarded schools and have ranked Mt. G higher in their years of observations. The education, homework and support levels are second to none.

Posted February 19, 2015
I have always went to Catholic schools growing up. My mom sent my sibling here instead because she heard great things about the school, it's closer to home, and to save money. I went with her to the orientation for Kindergarten and I've been to numerous events with my mom and all I can say is I wouldn't have minded going there! My sister is doing very challenging math at a young age, and they are working with iPads. It's like a free catholic school for neighborhood kids. I have also heard the principal speak a few different times with the kindergarten orientation and she was awesome! If I still live in the neighborhood when I have kids... You'd bet I would sent them here with no hesitation.

Posted December 04, 2014
Best grammar school on the southside, the neighborhood really needs a high school for its residents. Morgan park has its own, why not mt. Greenwood? New high schools are being built across the city, what is wrong with our neighborhood? Why can't we have a new high school?

10841 South Homan Ave, Chicago, IL  60655
Last modified Mount Greenwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.