Chicago, IL

Posted December 04, 2014
Best grammar school on the southside, the neighborhood really needs a high school for its residents. Morgan park has its own, why not mt. Greenwood? New high schools are being built across the city, what is wrong with our neighborhood? Why can't we have a new high school?

Posted January 10, 2014
This is a very busy school, but they do a great job handling everyone. My little one just started there and she loves it. I can't believe how much she learned in 1/2 a year!!

Posted September 06, 2013
I pulled my kids out of a private school in Evergreen Park...best choice we ever made!! Education is most important here. The atmosphere of the school is happy and supportive. The principal cares about the school!!! It is a really great school...I would recommend it to any family with kids of all levels..you will not be disappointed!

Posted June 15, 2013
I absolutely love this school. I went there as a child and now my son goes there and I couldn't be more satisfied with the education he is getting. He loves his teachers, the staff, and his classmates. The involvement from volunteers and parents and staff to make the school better and help the children do their very best is outstanding and I absolutely love all the fundraising opportunities. I dont agree with the negative reviews at all. I believe that the amount of effort you put forth is what you get in return. I continue to be impressed and satisfied.

Posted September 28, 2012
Whoever posted the review about the Principal at Mt Greenwood School must not have children there. The Principal has worked very hard to get an addition for the school, put hard working teachers on staff, brought up scores, etc. She is very involved with parents, students, teachers and the community. I think the person who wrote the unflattering comments about the Principal has a beef with the Principal. Often the truth hurts when your told something about your child that you don't want to hear.

Mount Greenwood Elementary School 4

Posted September 27, 2012
The school has definitely changed in the last 10 years. The principal and vice principal has an open door policy to meet with any parent at any time. Information is sent out on a regular basis keeping the parents informed. The kids are held to high expectations. I am happy we are here.

Mount Greenwood Elementary School 2

Posted September 26, 2012
The teachers and staff are great with the exception of a few nut jobs sprinkled in here and there. Principle however is really quite full of herself and I think it would do her some good to be humbled a bit. Let's say shipping her over to a under performing school in Englwood where her expertise in educating is much more needed and appreciated. She really cares about nothing else but her "ISAT" scores and does not want anything to do with students that would drag that score down. If she were to leave this school it could be a great school.

Posted June 17, 2012
The teachers and staff are great. I have two children who attend the school and I am impressed. Yes their is homework and that is a good thing. Several years ago I was leary of sending my kids to a public school and I went for a tour. The current principal was vice principal then and her attitude and leadership convinced me to give it a try and I am very happy with the results. Education takes more than just a teacher parents have to be involved too. the staff is very good the extra curicular activites at the school are vastly improved over the past few years and the community has really started to get behind this school. The hard work has been rewarded with test scores and school rankings. Hopefully, no one at the chicago board of ed starts to meddle with the succes the school has enjoyed.

Posted May 26, 2012
It is not the school and certainly not the teachers who are to blame for the culture and attitude there. All they do is follow directives from the School Board and the Mayor. The public needs to wake up and hold those people and offices accountable for mistreatment of our students.

Posted May 25, 2012
No one ever said being a parent is easy let alone for 4 children. It would seem to me that maybe teaching your kids how to manage their time and how to accomplish tough assignments head on would be a much better use of your time rather than teaching/blaming them/school for parental involvement in their education and the sometimes challenging obstacles they will face throughout their educational lives. So don't flip out on them/school on how you don't have time for them and their homework. Parenting is hard work that is never ending. "Too bad the kids are not that important. "

Mount Greenwood Elementary School
10841 South Homan Avenue, Chicago, IL  60655
Last modified Mount Greenwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mount Greenwood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top