Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I always feel welcome as a parent and am very happy either the education provided

Excellent Leadership and teaching staff. Challenges the students. The students are being prepared for the next level of education.

Excellent school, great academics and leadership. I pulled my child out of a local private school in evergreen park, il and it was the best choice I ever made as a parent. In fact, my honor student at that school was tutored to get up to par at MTG. The academics run circles around the private school. There is a much more christian atmosphere also...tolerance is encouraged and manners are enforced. If you live in the Mt Greenwood neighborhood, consider yourself lucky to have this as a choice. The opportunities are excellent here too. My child is now attending a private high school excelling in classes. MtG school is a gem.

Amount of homework: Agree

I say just right but there have been times when the load has been a bit much.

First off, I attended here 20 years ago and it's leaps and bounds ahead of those days. My parents pulled me out then. We were apprehensive at first but did a great deal of research. Now our children attend and we couldn't be happier. It truly has become a neighborhood school. Ms. Reidy is extremely dedicated and it continues down through the entire staff. Multiple parents have relocated from catholic schools or suburban districts with highly regarded schools and have ranked Mt. G higher in their years of observations. The education, homework and support levels are second to none.

I have always went to Catholic schools growing up. My mom sent my sibling here instead because she heard great things about the school, it's closer to home, and to save money. I went with her to the orientation for Kindergarten and I've been to numerous events with my mom and all I can say is I wouldn't have minded going there! My sister is doing very challenging math at a young age, and they are working with iPads. It's like a free catholic school for neighborhood kids. I have also heard the principal speak a few different times with the kindergarten orientation and she was awesome! If I still live in the neighborhood when I have kids... You'd bet I would sent them here with no hesitation.

Best grammar school on the southside, the neighborhood really needs a high school for its residents. Morgan park has its own, why not mt. Greenwood? New high schools are being built across the city, what is wrong with our neighborhood? Why can't we have a new high school?

This is a very busy school, but they do a great job handling everyone. My little one just started there and she loves it. I can't believe how much she learned in 1/2 a year!!

I pulled my kids out of a private school in Evergreen Park...best choice we ever made!! Education is most important here. The atmosphere of the school is happy and supportive. The principal cares about the school!!! It is a really great school...I would recommend it to any family with kids of all levels..you will not be disappointed!

I absolutely love this school. I went there as a child and now my son goes there and I couldn't be more satisfied with the education he is getting. He loves his teachers, the staff, and his classmates. The involvement from volunteers and parents and staff to make the school better and help the children do their very best is outstanding and I absolutely love all the fundraising opportunities. I dont agree with the negative reviews at all. I believe that the amount of effort you put forth is what you get in return. I continue to be impressed and satisfied.

Last modified Mount Greenwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.