Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted November 28, 2015
They have developed incentives for the children to make good decisions and to treat peers with respect.

Posted November 28, 2015
My son loves Murray. We were concerned about the large class sizes and our child being able to adjust in a public school. The staff really makes the effort to personally know each child. My son is thriving under their instruction! I look forward to my youngest son attending next year. Thank you Murray teachers, staff, and parents! You really have made this experience a pleasure so far!

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 19, 2015
Ms Laws & Ms Abu-Shanab are outstanding kindergarten teachers. My daughter is currently in first grade and we love Dr. Brown, Mr Brown, & Ms Williams as well. They care about your child and they are on top of their academics. Thank you Murray teachers!

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted November 19, 2015
Reading and writing are big in K and 1st grade. They can use a little more math.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted November 19, 2015
My daughter is painfully shy but very bright. The school makes it a point to help her with her quietness.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted November 19, 2015
The teachers keep it real with parents and students. A good student requires a hands on parent. The teachers do very well here (K and 1st so far) but you also have to do this thing called parenting for your child to be successful.

Posted November 19, 2015
LOVE Murrays! The teachers and the staff members, including Ms Cooper and Ms Dixon make our family feel like we are a part of Murray's family. Thank you Murray!

Posted August 18, 2015
I'm amazed at how much the teachers are doing for the children. My son attended kindergarten with Ms. Alvarado and her 2 assistants. He had a great time and has made a lot of progress in academics and behavior, and he kept saying he's going to miss his teacher. I think this school is great, the staff led by Mr. Mason are very supportive, and the parent-teacher partnership is there all thru out the year during my son's kindergarten. I would recommend this school and also recommended for more parents to get involve. I assisted for half a day and I can say that was a lot of work. The teachers definitely needs help. And if our vision is bring up good persons out of our children, we need to support our children's teachers. They invest a lot in our kids and they deserve the respect and support they can get.

Posted April 06, 2015
Murray is a terrific school. The school was rated Level 1+, the highest CPS rating a school can earn. The staff is nurturing and parent friendly. The parents are involved all aspects of the school. No school is perfect. Perfection is reached when all parties work together for the students. Aspects of perfection are visible at Murray. And there is still room for growth, no doubt. The school has hired some great new teachers in the middle school. I am still excited about this school, and its vision for improving learning for all students.

Murray Elementary Language Academy 4

Posted March 27, 2015
They do have 2 after school program options: Right at School and Nichols Park is attached to the school. Both the Principal and new Assistant Principal are very engaged with the school and the students. Everyone seems very responsive to challenges and I've seen many positive changes this year. The PTO and LSC are very informative and inclusive to all parent involvement.

5335 South Kenwood Ave, Chicago, IL  60615
Last modified Murray Elementary Language Academy is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.