Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Develops character: Strongly agree

They have developed incentives for the children to make good decisions and to treat peers with respect.

My son loves Murray. We were concerned about the large class sizes and our child being able to adjust in a public school. The staff really makes the effort to personally know each child. My son is thriving under their instruction! I look forward to my youngest son attending next year. Thank you Murray teachers, staff, and parents! You really have made this experience a pleasure so far!

Amount of homework: Disagree

Reading and writing are big in K and 1st grade. They can use a little more math.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The teachers keep it real with parents and students. A good student requires a hands on parent. The teachers do very well here (K and 1st so far) but you also have to do this thing called parenting for your child to be successful.

LOVE Murrays! The teachers and the staff members, including Ms Cooper and Ms Dixon make our family feel like we are a part of Murray's family. Thank you Murray!

I'm amazed at how much the teachers are doing for the children. My son attended kindergarten with Ms. Alvarado and her 2 assistants. He had a great time and has made a lot of progress in academics and behavior, and he kept saying he's going to miss his teacher. I think this school is great, the staff led by Mr. Mason are very supportive, and the parent-teacher partnership is there all thru out the year during my son's kindergarten. I would recommend this school and also recommended for more parents to get involve. I assisted for half a day and I can say that was a lot of work. The teachers definitely needs help. And if our vision is bring up good persons out of our children, we need to support our children's teachers. They invest a lot in our kids and they deserve the respect and support they can get.

Murray is a terrific school. The school was rated Level 1+, the highest CPS rating a school can earn. The staff is nurturing and parent friendly. The parents are involved all aspects of the school. No school is perfect. Perfection is reached when all parties work together for the students. Aspects of perfection are visible at Murray. And there is still room for growth, no doubt. The school has hired some great new teachers in the middle school. I am still excited about this school, and its vision for improving learning for all students.

They do have 2 after school program options: Right at School and Nichols Park is attached to the school. Both the Principal and new Assistant Principal are very engaged with the school and the students. Everyone seems very responsive to challenges and I've seen many positive changes this year. The PTO and LSC are very informative and inclusive to all parent involvement.

Keep your child out of this school. The children act they are in a gang. They are disrespectful and violent. The rating in this school are not true their test scorches are down because all the A student are going to different school because the behavios and the violence in the school. Please keep your child out of this school... If the call you to enroll your child please decline.

My daughter recently transferred into the 6th grade. I have to agree their is a behavior problem at this school. The assistant principal and principal are never around to address any of your concerns. I worry about my daughter safe here. There are no after school problems the teachers or principal monitor the kids after they are dismissed. There is a lot of favoritism by the assistant principal my daughter is being challenged but the behaviors with students and attitudes of the some of the teachers are extremely questionable. I just praying she can make through the school the next 2 years. I hope fully I will see improvements.

Last modified Murray Elementary Language Academy is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.