Chicago, IL

Posted January 31, 2008
I am a parent of a 3rd grader at Neil, and are struggling ot understand why there are 39 children in my childs class, and there is only 1 asst. I don't feel this will immediately affect my child academically, but are concerned about the future affects this large number of students per FTE. The space issue is so ridiculous students don't have a space to hang their personal items (back paks and coats). The schools adaministration needs finds ways to address space issues, and the increasing capacity of students per classroom.

Neil Elementary School 3

Posted November 10, 2007
I agree that on the outside looking in Neil is a great school with not as many issues as some schools,my child is new to this school this year and overall I don't feel this school is any better than any others that I have experienced with my older children,and looking at the test scores from last year,some grades seem to be better academically than others I feel that is something that the administration should look at and try to figure out why?, could it be the teachers or the curriculum for that grade level.

Neil Elementary School 2

Posted March 19, 2007
I also feel that Neil does not provide the proper education that children deserve. Some grades are lacking. The classes are crowded. The administrative staff isn't great(except Dr. Knox) and the staff that are suppose to monitor the outside before and after school are horrible. I am looking for a new school for my child for next year.

Posted March 12, 2007
I had children attend Neil School (gen ed and special needs). Overall the teachers strive for academic excellence however poor administrative management, poor technology, lack of enough structured activities and advanced planning put a damper on the school's effort to educate the whole child. Certain grade levels are better than others (i.e., 1st, 3rd, 4th gen ed and 5th, 6th and 8th grade special needs are excellent) in terms of providing a challenging and rewarding curriculum for the kids.

Posted September 26, 2006
This is my childs first year at a school of any kind. I feel that the teachers here are excellent in dealing with the children in all their needs. They really take time to help them. They also make sure that the parents have lots of involvement with their children, schoolwork, and the school.

Neil Elementary School
8555 South Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL  60619
Last modified Neil Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Neil Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top