Bad
Good

The teachers are nice, but the parents loyalty that the school allows to come in tops it off. I notice a lot of CPS schools try to withhold parent support, and lack communication between the school and families THIS IS NOT THE CASE AT NEWBERRY. Although I would prefer after school programs for younger children to ensure Math and Science skills are used for fun and competitivly to match the schools name.

Previous comments about Ptincipal Foley are WRONG!!! She is probably the finest principal I have ever met, you can tell that she cares about every child in her building, I have never had ANY problems with her or the school. She even sends her own child to Newberry, and he is a great example of the kind of parent she is! I love my child's teachers, and love how he is rigorously challenged each and every day. Love this school, love the teachers, love the administration!

level 1 that's why I give it a 4 star...I have no idea about the school but its is better then a level 3.

We transferred our children into Newberry from another public school and they could not be happier. They love the teachers, the scheduling (they say the day "flies by"), and the challenges that they are now being presented with academically. The teachers are top-notch and the enthusiasm and love for the subject each teaches is definitely shown with the students. We are happy we came to Newberry.

I love this school from its students to its faculty and staff. I wish more parents were involved as I feel that would improve the sense of community. In the 4 years that we have been with the school I have seen my children grow and learn and have very positive experiences. I am not sure what some of the other parents below are expecting from their grade school or even if they remember their own past experience for reference. The experience is what you put into it and the most important is what your child is getting out of the school. I am very involved and I care about all of the students. Regarding the fundraising comment, it is by no means a requirement and the expectation is for parents/families can donate in whatever means they feel comfortable. We live in different times where budgets are constantly being cut and I do not believe that ALL of OUR students should have to go without. It is through the generosity of our Newberry Community that we will have a brand new library next year. Let's celebrate how fortunate our Newberry students are and not drag the community down with negative commentary. If you don't like it do something about it.

This is a great school with a caring, approachable and intelligent school principal. The negative comments about her have me baffled. I met with her recently to discuss some concerns that I had about my children. She responded to my request immediately and was very responsive to my concerns. I was blown away with how much she actually knew about my children on a very personal level! The teachers are approachable and seem to work very hard to help the students to learn. I couldn't be happier with this school and am thrilled to be sending my youngest to kindergarten in September!

The school has a great reputation only because of where it is located. By far not impressed anymore. They should not have changed the prior principal. The new principal was the asst. principal and by far has no people skills and seems like she's just there to collect a paycheck . She seems checked out and should not have been given the Principal role. Sometimes roles as such can give you a power trip and have no positive outcome. Mr. Collins (asst. prinicpal) is great! Overall academically I am extremely disappointed with Newberry. My student is in 8th grade and I can not wait until this is over! They don't challenge the students to their full potentail it's sad how it's their last year and it seems that they are not learning anything this year. The only teacher that seems to care and go the extra step is the Math teacher Mr. Greenburg. I have another child that I did not enroll here and is being challenged to her full potential where she's at now.

This school is not what they say they are they cover up so many things just to keep the status they have, they care if about the fundraiser this is a public school not a school of rich kids. The only only one that seems to care about the students is Mr. Collins.

I think this is a great school. It's small so students get sufficient attention to help them academically. There are some after school activities as well.

Good school, good teachers - Principal is openly catty and a little of her goes a long way, but the Vice principal seems to be keeping it together so far. I expect great things under his leadership.

Last modified Newberry Elementary Math & Science Academy is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.