Bad
Good

Teachers really focus on helping the students.Parents are very involve on helping many students who need the extra help.Great parents teacher communication.I really enjoy all the family nights the school offers for its students.The school has made a huge change but for its better.

Amount of homework: Agree

Yes I believe homework is a big impact in children.Teaches them to be responsible.Its not a parents responsibility but the students.

Develops character: Strongly agree

As a parent I'm concern about how my child is being treated at school.I can say teachers are fair.Great disciplinary.

I attended Nightingale School in the early 60's, grades 1-4 and I feel like I got an excellent start. My family moved to Tennessee in 1965. Years later, I married a guy who had gone to another grade school in rural TN that wad so bad that most of the students from there didn't go to college or even high school because they were so behind by then. My husband had the same teacher for several grades that actually took naps on a bench at the back of the classroom during school hours. As you can imagine the kids went wild with no supervision. They would go outside, play in the creek and do whatever. As an adult, I have watched my husband struggle with reading, spelling, simple math, how to pronounce words and so many other things that most of us take for granted. In 2007 I got the opportunity to visit Chicago. My husband and I drove to Nightingale School. At the sight of my old school I was overcome with emotion. It was on a Sunday so nobody was there. The school and my old neighborhood looked just like I remembered it. I'm so thankful for the good teachers that taught me so much. I don't know why I wrote this but maybe it will help someone.

I am an ex-student from this school, I was there for my kindergarten to eight grade years. For all my time there I learned a lot more than other classmates that went to other schools and was familiar with honor's high school material. It is a really good school, my older sister went there as well and my younger one is going there now.

My son attended this school from pre-k through 6th grade. The school was 'OK' until his last two years there. The lack of discipline, teaching (teaching just for the state tests does not account for teaching), and general lack respect among everyone there move me to remove him from this school. He now is in a school that cares if a student learns.

Last modified Nightingale Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.