Chicago, IL
Students enrolled: 1,340

Posted November 23, 2010
I attended Nightingale School in the early 60's, grades 1-4 and I feel like I got an excellent start. My family moved to Tennessee in 1965. Years later, I married a guy who had gone to another grade school in rural TN that wad so bad that most of the students from there didn't go to college or even high school because they were so behind by then. My husband had the same teacher for several grades that actually took naps on a bench at the back of the classroom during school hours. As you can imagine the kids went wild with no supervision. They would go outside, play in the creek and do whatever. As an adult, I have watched my husband struggle with reading, spelling, simple math, how to pronounce words and so many other things that most of us take for granted. In 2007 I got the opportunity to visit Chicago. My husband and I drove to Nightingale School. At the sight of my old school I was overcome with emotion. It was on a Sunday so nobody was there. The school and my old neighborhood looked just like I remembered it. I'm so thankful for the good teachers that taught me so much. I don't know why I wrote this but maybe it will help someone.

Posted October 21, 2009

Posted March 18, 2009
I am an ex-student from this school, I was there for my kindergarten to eight grade years. For all my time there I learned a lot more than other classmates that went to other schools and was familiar with honor's high school material. It is a really good school, my older sister went there as well and my younger one is going there now.

Posted September 11, 2008

Posted December 05, 2007

Posted July 06, 2007
My son attended this school from pre-k through 6th grade. The school was 'OK' until his last two years there. The lack of discipline, teaching (teaching just for the state tests does not account for teaching), and general lack respect among everyone there move me to remove him from this school. He now is in a school that cares if a student learns.

Posted January 22, 2005

Nightingale Elementary School 3

Posted August 03, 2004
I had a student who use to go there. It was a really nice school until the principle there fired many parents. I used to like when the parents worked there, they gave a good influence on my daughter. She even made Top 10 in her graduating class of the class of 2003. So now that the parents aren't there I think that the school is going to turn bad. Well, anyway Nightingale is all right but not cool!

Posted October 29, 2003
I have been in this school and it is one of the best schools that I have known.Theteachers are great and the student's there have a great chance to go to a very very good high school when they graduate. I really recomend this to everyone !

Nightingale Elementary School
5250 South Rockwell Street, Chicago, IL  60632
Last modified Nightingale Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Nightingale Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top