Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted September 10, 2015
The classroom sizes are too big, the focus gets lost most of the time. No one should ever lose focus.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted September 10, 2015
The admin is horrible. No sense of knowledge. This school needs to be investigated as soon as possible!

Otis Elementary School 1

Posted September 10, 2015
This really deserves no stars! The staff at Otis is one of the worst admin I have ever spoken with. They know nothing about what is going on in school nor do they care to help out a parent. This school needs to be under investigation!! I will do everything in my power to make sure of it.

Otis Elementary School 5

Posted December 02, 2014
This school is amazing. I am in 8th grade and i have been here since preschool. Iv'e had some of the best memories in this school. Iv'e never been sad that I have to go school. The teachers are nice and actually care about you. They want you to graduate and be succesful. When I graduate, im really going to miss this school. I highly recomend it to anyone.

Posted January 09, 2010
I am speaking as a parent and educator that this school is the finest school that CPS has in their system. The staff is like a family. Everyone works for the benefit of the students. The autism program is incredible. They believe in bringing out the beauty in all children. The students and families are very nice. Mr. Sanchez is a young man who should run CPS day. The Case Manager is 100000 percent for the students.

Otis Elementary School 1

Posted July 06, 2009
My son has attended Otis for 2 years, and I am currently working on tranfering him out. The teachers he has had in Kindergarten and 1st grade were great, but the resources they have to work with are severly lacking. There is a general lack of knowledge with the office staff regarding the happenings with in the school, and english is definitely not a language priority to them.

Otis Elementary School 5

Posted February 21, 2009
Great school all around. I am very impressed by the whole organization. My children love their teachers. It is a warm and inviting school. The principal is a caring young man who always makes time for parents. I am very happy with Otis school.

Otis Elementary School 4

Posted February 21, 2009
Otis is a moving in the right direction. There is a positive atmosphere throughout the school. I would recommend Otis to anyone.

Otis Elementary School 4

Posted March 24, 2008
I am very glad my child attends Otis Elementary. The teaching staff is excellent an dkmnowledgable. There is a positive atmosphere in the building. Students are eager to learn and genuinely care about the school. The school is making impressive gains on test scores. Otis a world language program in Spanish, Italian or Latin. If you are choosng a good school, take a look at Otis.

Posted March 24, 2008
Otis is a good school on its way to becoming great. My son s kindergarten teacher, Ms. Dejesus, is one of the best teachers I have ever seen. My son cannot wait to go to school every day. A great word to describe Otis would be, nurturing. Teachers, parents, and administrators work as a team to bring about a great quality education. As I was looking for the best school for my soon, what struck me the most when I entered Otis was the positive atmosphere throughout the building. Kids were smiling and teachers were laughing in the hallways. When I entered the main office, I was greeted and attended by a great office staff. My general impression was very positive. My son has been at Otis for 7 months and I am very happy I with my choice.

525 North Armour St, Chicago, IL  60642
Last modified Otis Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.