Posted July 25, 2014
My son attend Owen School four years and will be in the 3rd grade this fall. My son loves this school and want to stay until graduate from 8th grade. The school has a great staff. The teachers works with the kids and do a great job. I love the part they encourage kids to read and record their minutes on reading log sheet. The end of school year rewards the children. The school is always neat and clean. The school teach the children how to get along with each other. I have never seen kids fighting in the classroom or outside. Dr.Griggs is the Principal and Mrs. Morris is the Assistant Principal they cares about the children education. The parents are great they always involve with children education. The school is on level 1 reading and math as scores are very high. When the children graduate from this school goes to top high school in Chicago. I love this school and will always support th his school. You looking for a great school this is best school on the south side of Chicago.

Posted January 19, 2014
I started off at this school back in 4th grade. As of right now, I am a freshman in high school. This school has taught, educated, and trained me to prepare me for the world of high school. The teachers and students have respect for one another. The most favorite thing I remember about the school is being the best of the best. I transferred when I was about to go to eighth grade, and I truly regret the decision. The school has bed faculty, and I hope they adapt to the new environment, teach the kids, and care for them. Owen Scholastic Academy's students, staff, faculty, and administration are BETTER THAN THE BEST OF THE BEST!

Posted November 09, 2013
The BEST of The BEST..is truly an accurate statement about this school! My child started here im second grade and have done well ever since. He is now a freshman at UIC College Prep and doing well. My eldest graduated from here also and is now a senior at Lindblom Math & Science Academy. I know I owe their success to Owen Academy. My children learned to take their academics seriously while at Owen and that stayed with them ever since. Thank you staff of Owen for making this such a great public school. This is truly an awesome learning environment.

Posted July 14, 2013
This is an awesome school that focuses on academics and improvements. I love the sense of community at Owen. This school has awesome parent participation and volunteers. The Principal and Assistant principal work well together. The students confess everyday, "We are the BEST of the BEST". You can tell this in the way that they dress. They are held at a higher standard of dress code. There are no sagging pants. The children are taught to carry themselves with pride. The students strive hard and are held at a greater level of expectation. You always feel like family. The male mentorship program here is very strong. I love this school!

Posted June 07, 2012
This is one great school. My son who has Autism use to attend John C. Dore and they said that he would never learn math, well I am here to tell you that at Owens he has. It only took a few months and he has really started to shine. Also I can now be a parent and not have to go yelling and screaming everyday like at Dore. I don't know how they do it, but keep it up staff, me and my wife love you all!!!!

Posted February 02, 2011
I am so grateful that my two children attend this schools. I am happy that I found the school for my two kids because it is a great school! Excellent test scores, small class sizes, challenging curriculum,only 240 students in the entire school. The principal and assistant principal work hard to make this school a great school. Also, the teachers are all excellent and keep parents informed about their child progress. Parent participation is out of this world! The parents are always involved in school activities and their children's education. That is so important. The majority of the graduates go on to attend magnet and selective enrollement high schools, such as; Whitney Young, Jones, Lindblom, Payton, Morgan Park IB, CHSAS, Muchin, UIC College Prep, Catholic H.S, ect. I am impressed with this school. The after school program (til' 6pm) is good for working parents. Besides the core subjects;Reading, Language Arts, Math, Science (lab)and History, the students also have weekly, Computer lab, Fine Arts (Music&Art), Library and P.E. Overall, I love this school!

Posted January 19, 2011
Great School. Great Parent Participation. Great learning environment. Principal and Assistant Principal work very hard to make this school great. Hidden South Side Jewel.

Posted May 11, 2010
Selective entry. Reasonable sized classes. Serious Teachers. Great Parents. Great Principal. Just a beautiful school.

Posted November 12, 2009
Im a student of owen scholastic academy. seventh grade really important.this is my first year at owen and i felkl GOOD. I feel welcome al the time.my other school wasnt like that ,they didnt care about our education.But to find a loss treasure on the southside of chicago, is very exciting.they actually care about the students.the principal and assist principal know all the students name from head to toe. I LOVE OWEN!!!!!!! motto: BEING THE BEST OF THE BEST

Owen Elementary Scholastic Academy 1

Posted September 29, 2009
My child doesn't feel comfortable at this school. This is my child first year in chicago public school and I hope that things will get better. I observed that the staff doesn't work together as a community school. Owen school looks like they are going through a numerous change this year. Hofefully the students this year will not have to suffer. The new adminstration does not seem to value education in all areas. I am just wishing the best with my child education this year.

Owen Elementary Scholastic Academy
8247 South Christiana Avenue, Chicago, IL  60652
Last modified Owen Elementary Scholastic Academy is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Owen Elementary Scholastic Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top