Chicago, IL

Posted December 03, 2014
We are a Level 1 school as per our 2014 Elementary School Quality Rating Report. This comes from a combination of the NWEA scores from Spring, 2014, daily attendance, parent surveys, our data quality, and the growth of our students as per the NWEA. Thank you students for the hard work you did.

Posted June 23, 2014
Palmer school is really a great school. We have fantastic teachers and staff, who truly want all of our children to succeed. Palmer is also getting a new art room, computer lab, and band class starting this next school year 2014-2015.

Posted April 23, 2014
Everyday are Palmer school is improving i love Palmer school thank you teachers and staff . Palmer school rocks

Posted April 17, 2014
Palmer Shool is a very goo school for all kids. It has activities that interact with both boys and girls in all ages. The staff members all work hard soothe students can have a good time. This school is very different from other schools I have taken my kids to. It has talent shows for those students that want to express their talents, it has game night, it has Jamfest the night all both parents and students look forward to, it also has literacy night where the students get to do activities for fun with the staff members. Palmer school has many activities that try to enhance the students to learn and they do it in a fun way so the children will want to learn.

Posted March 25, 2014
I absolutely love Palmer! The teachers are great and really care for their students. My boys love going to school everyday.The new principal has been doing a great job so far and seems to be involved with both students and staff. Palmer Elementary is on its way to the top.

Posted March 24, 2014
There is a lot of good stuff happening at Palmer! The new Principal is very committed and determined to improve the school and he got a lot accomplished in the time he's been there. Starting in the fall, a Comprehensive Gifted Program will be offered. My kids like going to school and I can't say enough about the dedicated teachers I've met so far. It's a great neighborhood school, smaller class sizes, outdoor recess, music program, art, dance and some after school options. The only thing I miss is a tighter parent community, although the PTA is working hard on changing that by organizing social events like Game Nights, Movie Nights etc.

Posted January 23, 2014
This school is amazing the kids are nice the parents are nice the new principle is nice everything is organized great library and the school has so many programs for kids to learn and do activities before school and after school and everybody there is just really nice I recommend your kid going there

Palmer Elementary School 2

Posted March 16, 2012
Palmer is a regular chicago public school. You've got teachers who really care and go the extra mile and otheres that just are bad. Some of the teachers are very mean, othere teachers have no athority in there own class. One of my daughters teacher collected money for a field trip that never happend and wasn't ok'd buy the princable. She never refunded the money. Big problems with bullies, girls like to presure othere girls to fight after school. The school rarely returns phone calls, Princable is always in a meeting. During the winter a child broke his leg walking into the school. Because of ice all over the place. I watched the EMT's put the boy on a stretcher I asked the Princable if the need money salt, we all could donate so this doesn't happen, no answer. Later I see a huge bag of rockk salt right by the entrence. Aparently they don't care enough to use it. There are some truely wonderful staff and teachers but not enough.

Palmer Elementary School 0

Posted November 06, 2010
Because they have people who care from top to bottom.

Palmer Elementary School 0

Posted September 23, 2010
I think the principal, teachers and staff are working extremely hard to make this a top school in the district on both an academic and social/emotional level. A major strength is our diverse community of families who make up our school community. If you make just the slightest effort you'll find that our parents are so open, welcoming, and helpful - everyday it's a joy to meet and talk with other parents, grandmothers and grandfathers who care so much about the well being of their kids. I'm confident, based on the turnout at the first parent meeting and open house, that with we will continue to build on our strengths and exceed our goals for the year!

Palmer Elementary School
5051 N Kenneth Ave, Chicago, IL  60630
Last modified Palmer Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Palmer Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top