Chicago, IL
Students enrolled: 1,168

Posted July 04, 2011
in their they have good teacher msmolina,mrmckissick mrshynek & otherteacher they DO have new books (: but mr.gilliat left we have a new one mr.contreras e.e eeh he is not better than mr.gilliat but w.e we have afterschool programs & drama art computer etc I love that school imma gonna miss that school class of 2011 ;D

Posted January 04, 2009
this schoool is is the best. great teacher its pupils are execellent. great great

Pasteur Elementary School

Posted June 01, 2008
This school is just falling apart (just like the neighboorhood). There is nothing good about it, no after school activities for students, learning supplies are old and out of date. I attended this school from kindergarten-8th grade. Back when I was in kindergarten it was still moderate with more money and envolvement with the community. I am now attending a catholic hiogh school in the suburbs. My younger brother attended this school from kindergarten. Thankfully, my parents are tranferring him to a local catholic school. Overall, I would give this school a D- It's year round, and what is that all about, I know 8th graders are shipped to a different school because there is not enough room. But what is there to say, the school is overrun by Mexicans and they are ok with it so yea...

Posted May 04, 2008
I have been at this school sonce the first grade.At that time, I did not know any English because I just immigrated.The teachers here are fantastic.They have helped me so much.I will be sad to leave the school this year, but they have prepared me for graduating into a new world.The teachers here are always happy to help in any way. This year, I have gotten so much help in preparing for High School and for picking the irght one for me. If it weren't for people such as Mr.Gilliat and Mr.Leal, Mrs.Monegan, Mendoza,and Hynek, Mr. McKissick and Mr.Martinez, I would be going into HS blindly.

Posted May 24, 2005
Parent involvement is basically non-existent. There is no attendence at PTA meetings and few volunteers for anything (and always the same ones) and this at a school with more than 1200 students. The principal should take a more active role in preventing the overcrowding, many parents use relative's addresses. My expierences with the teachers have been good, I believe they want the best for their students, but they are overwhelmed, since they have the maximium amount of students allowed in their classes.

Posted March 12, 2005
This is a fairly good school ! The teachers are what help the kids make this a good school. The teachers are very dedicated to their students. The kids love the teachers and the fun they have learning couldn't be replaced. The principal on the other hand puts test scores number one priority. I see in the students how scared they are when it is test time. Not a good thing for students. A lot of work is needed inside and out to make it a safe school. The principal does not have maintenance as a priority. The kids in the school do well out of a want not from any help from principal. Also the PTA and Local school council do not work WITH the parents . They are their own click and like it that way. The school is good because of the kids.

Posted April 20, 2004
This is a great school that includes great teachers. The teachers explain lessons well and make school fun so that many students like school instead of being scared of it and not learn well. The principle shows a huge amount of dedication towards his school, teachers, and more important, the students. To make school more fun for students, the school plans events for them to enjoy. I give this school an A+!

Posted August 26, 2003
I am happy with the way most of the teachers have shown dedication to their job. But like any other parent would say it could be a whole lot better.

Pasteur Elementary School
5825 South Kostner Avenue, Chicago, IL  60629
Last modified Pasteur Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pasteur Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top