Bad
Good

Pirie Elementary Fine Arts & Academic C 2

Posted April 25, 2012
My son attended Pirie for 3rd grade and similar to the parent w/the kindergartner, I was pretty much turned away before hello. I did however keep my son there after admission but wish I hadn't. He's teacher appeared to be overwhelmed with students and was not pleased with my son's arrival. She always had an academic complaint about him and although my husband and I would meet and try our best to make things work, it was never good enough. At one point she put my son along with another child out the class and made them stand in the hallway but not for playing, fighting, talking etc but because they did not finish their math work in time. To make matters worse she didn't bother to give them the work to finish outside the class but just left them standing out there. I wouldn't say every teacher at Pirie is that way because many have proven to be good/great teachers however that particular teacher was a complete rotten apple and is still employed with Pirie.

Pirie Elementary Fine Arts & Academic C 3

Posted October 20, 2010
I went to attempt to enroll my son in Kindergarten. The first thing the principal said to me when I said hello was "I think you have the wrong school". She cut me off every time I started speaking and pretty much dismissed me. I finally got him accepted and declined it. I don't want my child in a school where the principal tends to forget her own manners regardless of her impression of a person. I am sorry I can't speak to the quality of education or other faculty.

Pirie Elementary Fine Arts & Academic C 5

Posted June 12, 2010
i am acctually a 4th grade student who is going to pirie now,and this school is fantastic! The teachers try their dear best to help these kids and they do a wonderfull job! I would like for alot of other kids to join Pirie too! The principle and the teachers would be glad to welcome you to John T. Pirie !!! See you there!!

Pirie Elementary Fine Arts & Academic C 5

Posted March 13, 2006
I have two students at Pirie and I'm loving it especially the third grade teacher with whom both of my children have been in attendance in her class.

Pirie Elementary Fine Arts & Academic C 4

Posted March 21, 2004
I am a past student at Pirie, and it is my brother's last year. When I was at Pirie, I enjoyed the small school atmosphere. I had dedicated, excellent teachers. The problem was that the kids just didn't want to learn. A lot of children have difficulties at home, but the teachers tried their best to work with the kids to help them. As a result, the kids who were underchallenged suffered. When I left Pirie and went to an academically advanced school, I felt my underlearning. But other than that, Pirie is an excellent school, with a very good staff.

Pirie Elementary Fine Arts & Academic C
650 East 85th St, Chicago, IL  60619
Last modified Pirie Elementary Fine Arts & Academic C is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.