Prussing Elementary School 2

Posted January 12, 2013
i really like the school and the teachers are great.the staff in the office is very nice to the students to> but my one concern is the vice princibal and the princibal. They are always looking for ways to get the kids in trouble.Ever since we got a new vice princibal two years ago there have been thousands of detentions and suspentions.She and the princible need to be replaced.

Posted April 29, 2012
My daughter went to this school when she was in 2nd and 3rd grade. She had to move to many different schools every 2 years because of living arrangements and I hated this one the most. The teachers used to embarrass her in front of her classmates making her feel unintelligent as the rest of them. They literally would make her feel discouraged and did not care for the people they didn't like or were bothersome. She was little at this time and did not realize that they were not treating her properly until I transferred her to another school and remembered how her previous school before Prussing treated her. They offered piano lessons during class. The piano teacher would pinch my daughter's classmates and her spine because they weren't sitting straight enough. All she learned from that piano teacher were the main keys C, D, E, F, G for 3 weeks. It was a waste of money! My daughter got a detention for having too many tissues in her desk and that her desk was messy. Therefore, they felt it was right to move her desk away from her classmates and onto the center of the classroom crying as they tilted and dumped everything inside her desk on the floor in front of everyone in her class.

Posted December 02, 2011
1st year here, but before i brought my daughter to this school i heard & read negative remarks about itl. 1st day of school wrong info & paperwork were given. Its fine, things happe., 2nd day i went to office for paperwork & question regarding medications, place looked unorganized as staff. The teacher she has now is great, easy to talk to & personable. Office members,something else. Not all, just some.They are rude, act as if you're a bother, sometimes act as if they dont see you waiting. I've seen principal several times & doesnt seem friendly no eye contact or present himself. I helped out at Fall Festival (i loved) a Deputy Sheriff walked towards me (my husband) & so did principal thinking something was wrong. I work in Pediatrics for 7 plus yrs. When a client/patient walks in they are always to be greeted & asked if help is needed. This school does not offer that Mannerism. Last straw for me might be when a staff member came out of office being loud through hallway walked up to me as i was speaking to another staff member regarding reviews on this school, stating she didnt/doesnt like my tone when i come in the school. Really?! I come to find out it was the OFFICE MANAGER!!!

Prussing Elementary School 2

Posted April 15, 2011
This is our first year at this school and I am truly disappointed. First of all there is no communication between anyone. Trying to find out what is going on either in the class room or with the school is like pulling teeth. There is a monthly news letter, and that does not contain any information worth while. I went to a PTO meeting and it was a very disturbing display. If I could afford to send my children to the closest catholic school I would. I have had numerous conferences with the teacher and she is a wonderful person and is willing to do anything to help out. It really more the principle that I have a problem with. He is rude arrogant and need to be removed from the school. He says that his best interest is the kids, but I believe he is more interested in what goes in his pocket and at the front of his name. I tried to e-mail him and he does not put an email address on the web-page. Aren't principles suppose to be accessible to the parents. I guess he doesn't want us to contact him with our concerns. Parents if you have kids at this school please help us get him out!

Prussing Elementary School 4

Posted April 05, 2011
This is in response to the parent who wrote this school is a dump. I think it's very sad that they would leave their children in a dump for 4 years. My mother once said, "If it seems like the whole world is wrong, you should probably look once again at yourself."

Prussing Elementary School 5

Posted April 05, 2011
I think it's sad to have taken the time to craft this rant when, clearly, you have personal issues best addressed in person and not on a community post. The only thing your poor children are suffering from is your inability to cope, move, communicate effectively to end the "nightmare" or find a solution that doesn't involve slander. The staff at Prussing is professional, helpful and doing the best they possibly can. Constructive criticism is one thing, rambling rants are really unproductive.

Posted April 04, 2011
This school is a total nightmare!!!! My children have been in this dump unfortunately 4 years now due to being in area & not having much of a choice right now. My poor children have been suffering the consequences due this school's unprofessionalism and ignorance! For the record the principal of this school is rude & is totally unqualified for this job if you ask me because he can care less of the kids' education/well being or even the parents for that matter. As for his office staff they are all a total joke & should not be working with children either. Finally, as far as the teachers go I wouldn't say they are all bad, but yes, there is a BIG percentage that are absolutely awful. So please parents beware...if you are deciding to move into this area for this school I would definitely think twice about it for your children sake.

Prussing Elementary School 3

Posted February 26, 2011
My son is at Prussing for PreK. I feel the education is wonderful because of the teacher. She is compassionate, caring, intelligent, considerate and has a genuine passion for developing our children into educated individuals. She is a gift to our community. That being said, the office staff and principal have much to be desired. They have a rudeness and level of arrogance I have not experinced in my lifetime. I also have seen a Chicago Model of "Pay to Play Politics" that I find extremely disturbing and of much concern to parents as weli as the boundry being clouded between professional and personal relationships with the principle, the priciple's family and some parents. This issue causes an uneasiness in LSC and PTO meetings for the parents in attendance. The behavior of administration makes it difficult for the teachers who are very supportive and hard working to shine.

Prussing Elementary School 0

Posted April 28, 2010
The office staff at Prussing has been so helpful as far as my daughter and I are concerned. My daughter transferred in from out of state and had a very difficult time adjusting. The office staff went out of their way to make her feel welcome and comfortable. I have nothing to say but thank you.

Prussing Elementary School 0

Posted April 08, 2010
My child called sick from the classroom and when I called back not knowing the kids can call from the classroom the office staff acted as though I was bothering them wondering why I saw Prussing School on my caller ID. My child sat in class for another 2 hours with a toothache & earache til she came home wondering why I did not come get her! Only then did I learn that she called from the classroom.

Prussing Elementary School
4650 North Menard Avenue, Chicago, IL  60630
Last modified Prussing Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Prussing Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top