Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Rogers Elementary School
Amount of homework: Too much

Posted November 10, 2015
The homework is a little too much, but the principals are on top of monitoring and working with the teachers and parents to keep the homework under control.

Posted November 10, 2015
I have three kids going to this school and the principal, asst. principals, teachers and staff are fantastic. My kids and I get so much support. They get a high level education, with so much diversity in the student body, and in a family type environment. I couldn't ask for more.

Posted September 04, 2014
I have 2 kids going to this school and they Love it! So does the rest of my family. Phillip Rogers is an OUTSTANDING school with excellent teachers and an amazing staff. This place runs like clockwork and in my experience, the rapport between the staff, the children and the parents is like that of a loving family. Its our 3rd year attending and we have no plans to move our children elsewhere - they would likely protest any such decision anyway. That my children insist on staying in touch with former teachers and classmates confirms that the community encourages the formation of real connections. We are very fortunate to have our daughters go here and continue getting the education, social character and discipline we began fostering within them. Also, they have the BEST events; very diverse and extremely entertaining. I never fail to tear up and the share commitment they show when it comes to celebrating all cultures. Lastly, We are most impressed by the communication from the class teachers and the staff which enables us parents stay in-the-know about goings-on in school and the local community. Phillip Rogers is indeed the ideal school.

Posted April 03, 2014
This school is so diverse, and it is a great influence on the children. The staff is always interacting with the students to make them feel right at home. This school is perfect! They have so many extra curricular activities for children to stay active by and have fun. The students' grades will improve so much when they transfer here, because the teachers here are so influential.

Posted October 09, 2013
My children love school and it shows on their report cards and on their standardized test scores. They are greeted each morning by teachers and staff who know the kids by their first names. That's saying a lot considering there are more than 700 students at Rogers. I count Rogers School in my blessings everyday. Unfortunately, high performing schools do not get the most attention (or funding) in the Chicago Public School system. Rogers School is in desperate need of more classroom space, a gymnasium, a proper cafeteria and a proper library.

Rogers Elementary School 1

Posted September 17, 2013
Too bad that for all the great academic ratings, this school has terrible support staff. I say hire real cops for day security, because there are no signs that tell non-white adults using the PUBLIC park next door can't cross the short lot to visit friends living on Sherwin Street. Oh, but I forgot, this *is*, after all, a PUBLIC school. Anything can happen, espeically if the Chicagoan visiting the friend on Sherwin isn't white. Terrible!

Posted August 04, 2013
This school is absolutely fantastic and I love that the teachers interact with the students so well and know when a child is struggling or having a hard time and they try their best to help the child to become successful and the child shows a large improvement by the next quarter.

Posted October 15, 2012
Rogers School staff, especially the Principal, Ms. Jabbari and the Assistant Principal, Mr. Schwarz are terrific! Not only do they know each student's first and last name, they know their family members as well! I have 2 children whom attend Rogers since Pre-K (they are now in 2nd/5th), and with each year it only improves. This year Rogers has implemented Spanish class for all grades, as well as Music(I wish that they had Art classes). Teachers are committed to their students' education and overall development. This is a terrific neighborhood school, the parents, PTA, LSC, and Friends of Rogers are all committed to this school- it's a great "...it takes a village..." environment!

Rogers Elementary School 4

Posted June 25, 2010
Rogers has a very dedicated administrative and teaching staff. The LSC and PTA are very active with great working relationships with the staff. Budget cuts have effected many extra programs but the PTA has stepped in to help fill in the gap with arts programming and field trip support. I love that such a great school is my neighborhood school. A diverse student body and support for teachers.

Posted April 18, 2010
I truly believe this school is advancing further most of the elementary schools in the Chicago area. We have just started going to this school for our child in Kindergarten, and our daughter has a wonderful teacher, Mrs. Erwin, who has been very responsive to our child's needs. When we send her paper and email correspondence, she has given terrific feedback and has gone above and beyond what expect from any teacher. It's been a good year for learning for our child, and it joyful to see our child reading with pride and enjoyment. If you spend a little time on research the Rogers school report card, the school has been upward trending with a score of 39 out of 42 points; it's a very high ranked school. This is a new scoring system presented by the Chicago Public Elementary School. Mr. Luke

Rogers Elementary School
7345 North Washtenaw Avenue, Chicago, IL  60645
Last modified Rogers Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.