Bad
Good

Ruggles is a great school for all students and staff. Ruggles has came a long way, and ways to go. Ruggles gets better in every step of the way. Mrs. Patterson has retired, but her present is still here. The staff show great leadership and respect. That is just some of the things the kids can learn from, which does help them succeed.

Martha Ruggles located 7831 South Prairie its a great school! I went here my daugter went here now my granddaughter goes here.

Ruggles has come a long way. My son's attended Ruggles for 3 years. This is a neighborhood school, so it has some rough edges, but I will say, the teachers do give their best---at least the ones I encountered. Ms. Patterson, whom just retired, was an excellent Principal. She and the staff worked really hard with the children to get their academics on track and Ruggles was taken off Probation. They attended quality field trips throughout the year as well. One of my children has a special education IEP and Ruggles did a good job at getting him the proper resources to assist him. He did very well and left 3rd grade feeling confident. My son's have been accepted to a new school, but I have fond memories of Ruggles. Unfortunately, parent participation at Ruggles is low, which is so vital to the success of any school. Perhaps one day full parent involvement will come to be.

Class of 1980, Martha Ruggles Elementary. I attended from kindergarten through 8th grade. We transferred out briefly to attend Olivery Wendell - we were back at Ruggles in less than three months. Ruggles made my community great. Some of my teachers had been there for years & some lived right there, walking distance from the doors. My mom & uncle had been students; staff knew who we were & watched over us. There was not a time I felt that no one cared. The lunch room was old but clean & smelled good when food was being prepared; nice ladies worked there. I keep in touch with classmates I attended with to this day. Great times!

This building was designed to be a learning institution, but was transformed into a baby-sitting service for unruly kids. The administration should follow their given contracts and not abuse the workers there. They also should not allow the the students to abuse the faculty as well. The result is great lack of teacher professionalism and student discipline. When the school improves, so will the reviews.

I'm a involved parent at Ruggles & I disagree with the review dated Jan. 27,2011 because I was there then & at that time we were on level #3 academic probation. And if all that was stated in that comment was true level # probation would not have been an option. Granted we have some awesome teachers, but Ruggles is what happens when you have a dictatorship instead of leadership. Teaching should be a job you love not a constant battle to do what you do & to work under harsh and unfair conditions as a teacher the children are the ones who suffer the most. If the teachers could just teach & administration -administrate this school could do wonderful things. I've been to many schools and when I've walked in them the atmosphere is so pleasant & believe it or not the air feels light. But when I return to Ruggles it's like the all the air has been sucked out of the room it's reminds me of a funeral. Most times I fred going up there put I go anyway for the children & the other parents trying to get them involved. Anyone reading this post mark the date because we'll keep @ it. And hopefully this time next year my post will be a better review of the school we will improve.

IT WAS GREAT WHEN I GRADUATED IN 1967, AND IT CONTINUES TO BE A GREAT SCHOOL TODAY.

The instruction at Ruggles is excellent! The principal is a great instructional leader and has built a learning community among her teaching staff. The school serves economically disadvantaged students and is doing great things for students

Last modified Ruggles Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.