Bad
Good

Posted January 28, 2014
I went to Sawyer since kindergarten of 1992 up until I graduated 8th grade in 2001.... This is one of the finest institutions in grammer school education that you can send your child to.... This school was my second home and there was always a teacher available to help out whenever I was struggling and would be there for me until I grasped the concept of the material being taught.... Sure there were problematic students (as I hung around those students as well), but every school had them and in Sawyer, we were taught to respect each other and our educators; if not, then our Principle and Vice Principle would instill the fear in us to straighten up and get our act together.... As an end result, I was an honors student and here I am having a bachelor's degree and a professional career.... Sawyer has indeed been the building blocks of my life.... I still go back to visit my teachers to pay homage and to say hi of course, but I thank them for pushing me to succeed..... Teachers like those are a handful now a days, but I am glad Sawyer still upholds its reputation for having the best staff.....Say no to CHARTER SCHOOLS!!!!!!

Posted January 24, 2014
This is just an amazing school for many to attend to. Thhe test scores shown are not accurate actually. The teachers are amazing they show great responsibility for teaching. Most if not all students that attend Sawyer are well disciplined and intellectual very good school.

Sawyer Elementary School 2

Posted October 24, 2013
The school is okay, not the best. I don't recommend you send your child here they will not like the school, a lot of bullying occurs. The dean is great some teachers shouldn't even be allowed to teach. Some students show great interest in school and others show very little, almost no interest at all.

Sawyer Elementary School 4

Posted April 24, 2013
This school is amazing. The club activity is abundant. The teachers and staff members here truly care about each student they come into contact with. Although, I must say, it has definitely changed from the same school I knew in the early 2000s and the years before. The hallways were quiet, teachers and staff members were respected. Back talk was unheard of. If there was any type of situation like that or worse, it was handled by administration and students would not dare to disrespect them. The teachers here are still A1 quality and there is a lot of technology here that isn't available at other schools for teacher and/or student use.

Posted April 24, 2010
The teachers are great my doughter goes to this school and she loves it. And the clubs are great too I think it keeps them busy too.

Sawyer Elementary School
5248 South Sawyer Avenue, Chicago, IL  60632
Last modified Sawyer Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.