Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)

Terrible school!! A school where staff is not supported and verbally abused by the principal! This is not a positive environment for both students and staff. Stay away!!!

The majority of the negative statements from members of this school community are unfortunately accurate.

Horrible Principal. No discipline. I'm putting my children into private school next year. This school has gone down to the dumps over the last past five since since Ms. U has taken it over.

The principal works to undermine the efforts of teachers who genuinely care. She is an outrageous bully who goes out of her way to demolish the self confidence of each and every teacher in the building. Her tactics include trying to divide the staff and pit them against one another, and undermining classroom management by indulging the students with the worst behavior by providing treats instead of discipline. The environment is so toxic that teachers leave at an alarming rate - often in the middle of the year. This once wonderful learning environment has steadily eroded, and has become completely out of control in the last two years. It is beyond me how CPS can allow such an incompetent individual to remain employed as a principal!

I am a parent, I have had 2 kids graduate and one still there. My 2 oldest kids at least got a good education but my last one comes home every day upset because of bullying and teachers that don't care. The teacher have to deal with fighting than teaching!

This school is too tolerate of fighting and disruptive classroom behaviors. I have heard about the fighting and repeated classroom disruption there and especially does this happen on the 3rd floor and in the lunch room. Administration doesn't seem to be able to squash this. They need trained people to handle these children. I don't feel it's a safe learning environment for my children due the prevalence of fighting.

The principal is very rude and no people skills. Gave us a complete run around to enroll our children even though it's a our neighborhood school refused to except my child's 504 plan for dyslexia yet it's a federal program. Tried to say she gets to decide whether to accept it. She doesn't have a medical degree so would love to know on what basis she has to deny my child's 504 plan. There was a fight in the cafeteria while we were in enrolling. A child came running into the office out of breath to tell her there was a huge fight in the cafeteria she didn't even seem to care like it was no big deal. The staff we did meet was quite pleasant and much easier to deal with then then the overly rude principal

I am a seventh grader at this school and Sayre is actually a pretty good school.I just feel like my school needs to work on suspending students more.There are these two students that go to this school that try and boss everyone around and My principal said if a student gets suspended more than five times then that person has to get expelled and these two students have gotten suspended for trying to do bad things to teachers and students and still haven't gotten expelled.After all,I think the Teachers really care about the students education and try their hardest to help us exceed and become something successful in life.So if youu would like to send one of your children to Sayre Language Academy,you really should.It is a great school!

The bulling has gotten out of hand. My kids complain about the "quite lunch" and the people in charge of recess. Hoping my kids test out, this is not a neighborhood school!!! Teachers are great but it's hard for them to teach when they are being disrespected by some students.

I hate this school. I've been going to this school since kindergarten and I'm in seventh grade now. I have noticed a huge difference since our old principal left and we got ms. U. Children are wildly crazy. The staff is horrible. I think we even have some type of mold coming from the ceiling on the third floor. With our old principal I loved going to school and didnt have to worry about kids calling me names and the principal not doing anything about it. For example there is this one girl in my class who lies,cheats,and scares older and little children. She has been suspended from school about six times and when she does go down to the office she comes back up with candy,chips,or some type of sodam I'm sick of this because its distracting me from my education. I dont know about anyone else but I want a big family and I want to be a psychologist. But I can't learn if I'm always worried if I'm about to get popped upsidey head.

Last modified Sayre Elementary Language Academy is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.