Chicago, IL

Scammon Elementary School 3

Posted September 25, 2014
School used to have more variety in after school programs and had music for the last 3 years being there. Now the arts and music has been taken out still has some sports for the kids. The arts and music is what made this school stand out versus others. Saw the difference with the kids that did any of the arts or music, and also with sports combine. Just to see what happens this year if they improve or go backwards.

Posted September 06, 2014
This school is the Best because it has all the needs that a student needs to h ve. We have iPads , chrome books, computers, and more. The teachers are super helpful and respectful to all students. Kids will change their grades up to an A before you know it. People sometimes make up stuff so that they can make us look bad, but if you want to see for yourself then come to scammon school and start education here. I am a student from scammon elementary and I learned a lot. I even learned English at this school. I became everyone's friend and a kind and also responsible girl. Scammon is a school that teacher you how to be respectful, responsible, and ready to succeed in school and in life.

Posted March 01, 2014
Best school iPad's for grades 2-5 and 6-8 have chrome books also having two 3D printers using it for architectural projects kids designed there houses some even got their printed Scammon has 3 computer labs using a great curriculum . Scammon is also known as the 2012 NATO video winners as mayor Rahm Emanuel has visited scammon to congratulate that day . Also Scammon is hosting every Friday tours around the school and to see how it works give them a call to book you a spot.

Scammon Elementary School 2

Posted February 09, 2014
Seriously? These reviews were all posted within the few days. Also, they have a major marketing campaign going on there -- sending flyers and what not throughout the neighborhood. These new reviews seem like marketing also. Yes, they do have lots of technology but putting kids on an iPad to keep them quite isn't the same as teaching them something.

Posted October 27, 2013
My school is amazing! The technology is out of this world! Each grade has iPads and the 7th and 8th graders all have chrome books. They have what they call a blended learning system. The kids use apps for individual instruction. Even the art and music teachers use technology. There is no school in the neighborhood like it!

Posted September 24, 2013
Trust this days is the most important factor at any school specially to the principal and the staff of the institution, and the best indicator of that are the results of every school individually. Scammon Elementary School is identified by the community as one of the best save places for our kids and the interaction parents-school is an example how leadership should be managed. I am a pruod father of a Scammon student. . .

Posted September 15, 2013
My son and I like SCAMMON, We love our school because it's a great to have the best teachers ever.

Posted September 14, 2013
My grand children attend Scammon, after looking at the Charter schools we chose Scammon. They have computers and technology like no other school around. They have ipads and they use chrome books ! I even saw the music teachers and art teachers using computers in their classes .The teachers are knowledgeable and friendly. I know we made the right choice!

Posted September 11, 2013
Excellent school from the teachers right up to the Principal! All staff memebers act as a team striving for the best from each student. The test scores are high at this school--evidence of their excellence!

Posted September 10, 2013
I have being in other schools and the participation of the parents is limited because the principals, but in this school I really appreciate the openness of the principal and the teachers to let parents give ideas and participate freely with the projects and development of our child education. Definitely I recommend to any body bring their kids to this school

Scammon Elementary School
4201 West Henderson Street, Chicago, IL  60641
Last modified Scammon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Scammon Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top