1-2, 4-5
Chicago, IL

Smyth J Elementary School 5

Posted November 04, 2013
I am a Parent, Great School The Principal is Excellent!!!!.The main focus is Every child can Learn an Will Learn!....I have a three students at Smyth School thats learning lots of new things that will help them in the world.. For someone to talk down about this school because things are not going their way is CRAZY!,,,I no for a fact this School is growing people dont like to see you grow especially as an African American...We the students, staff teachers, and Parents are a team we all work hard!

Smyth J Elementary School 5

Posted August 16, 2013
My daughter attended Joyner pre K.Absolutely love this svhol, the teachers are awesome, small class sizes, and lots of fun structure. And the location is top notch. Wonderful!!! I highly recommend

Smyth J Elementary School 4

Posted April 30, 2013
My daughter is in Ms. Prince's Pre-K class and I volunteer in the class so I have seen first hand how wonderful she and Ms. Winston (teacher's aid) are with the kids. The class is very neat and well stocked with materials, learning aids, toys and supplies. Drop off and pickup goes relatively well, there is standing space for cars on the street at both times and teachers or aides are there wth the preK kids in the lunchroom for drop-off. I am very satisfied with the security in the school. If the child is late, they must go through the front office security guard to get in (so no unauthorized people can enter the school) and once the cafeteria door (that's where I drop off my daughter before the bell in the morning) was open just after the bell and the minute I got inside with her, a volunteer kindly told me I could not enter and that he would escort her to class. There is an outdoor park at the school that the kids play in. Sinks for cleanup are in the class and bathrooms are right across the hall from the class. I sent my daughter there for PreK based on a a friend's glowing reccomendation, her daughter was in Mr Sala's class.

Smyth J Elementary School 1

Posted March 20, 2013
my grandson is in pre-k here and is not being taught nothing new. He was assaulted in the restroom and nothing was don about it. The principle would not even talk to me about it. My concern is there is too much fighting at that school whereas if that was taking care of the children could approve academically. Also more parents involvement is needed.

Smyth J Elementary School 4

Posted January 25, 2013
The teachers and parents of this school is slowly turning things around. The teachers care and give 110% everyday. This school is on the way up and will continue to grow everyday.

Smyth J Elementary School 1

Posted June 08, 2006
The principal is great overall but his efforts for a better learning system falls short. And it's the students that suffer.

Smyth J Elementary School
1059 West 13th Street, Chicago, IL  60608
Last modified Smyth J Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 1-2, 4-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Smyth J Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top