Posted December 12, 2008
Diverse, small school population, so far, very good teachers, and a very nice principal. We were thinking of moving to Edgebrook but I like this school very much that I talked my husband out of it.

Posted August 28, 2007
Dedicated staff, diverse, safe neighborhood, high scores. A+++

Posted May 04, 2007
My son attends kindergarten in the multi-age classroom and has really excelled this year, primarily due to the small class size (18 students) and the opportunity to follow what the first graders are doing. The teacher has been fantastic and my son really benefitted from the one on one setting he received because of the small number of students. I am afraid, however, that this intimacy will change next year when he will be in a full class with the other first graders.

Posted May 07, 2006
The speech teacher, Mrs. Jean is fantastic. My son goes to her one day a week and has shown great improvement in all of his speech sounds. He loves to be in class with her and truly has grown in vocabulary as well as pronunciation due to her teaching.

Posted April 05, 2006
Great School, small population in school. The teachers are very nice and helping.

Solomon Elementary School 4

Posted August 23, 2005
- a former student

Posted August 26, 2003
- a former student
As a former student at this school, I just want to say that my experience at Solomon was wonderful. I learned so much about life as well as academics. In fact, I was the valedictorian of the graduating class of 1997. As a young African-American female coming into such a diverse environment, it was great. I learned so much about other cultures and I believe that this shaped the person that I am today.

Solomon Elementary School
6206 North Hamlin Avenue, Chicago, IL  60659
Last modified Solomon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Solomon Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top