Chicago, IL
Students enrolled: 1,308

Stevenson Elementary School 5

Posted June 06, 2014
This response submitted by a teacher on 6/4 is to a student who stated that s/he had an issue, but the comment is no longer here.

Stevenson Elementary School 5

Posted March 23, 2014
Great school! Stevenson has teachers that care and really want their students to succeed! They go the extra mile and they teach to the whole child!

Posted April 28, 2012
I am a current 6th grade student at this school.This school is a great school for kids.The teachers are nice and fun but they do wat they have to.Lots of learning goes on.I been at this school since i was little.This school is a magnet school has P.E,Lib,Computers, it also has lots of afterschool activities and sports.I love this school one thing though you alway need to do your work.This school helps students learn ther are also special ed

Posted June 11, 2010
Parents are very welcomed at the school. They are encouraged to come & be a part of the school.....As long as you "Smile and Nod" at everything they do/say. The minute you bring up a concern,complaint or just simply question them on a certain topic a HUGE target is placed on your forehead labeling you as a "Problem Parent". What is most frustrating is the lies you are told time&time again in the hopes that, that will stop you from asking anymore questions.If that doesnt work intimidation is the next step.Why does it bother them so much that I want to be a part of the school that I want to do what I can to help the school(not only will it benefit the school but MY kids as well)? Why would I want to bring harm to the school if my kids are there?Wish I had another option.

Posted June 10, 2010
I am sad to say that this school is no where near where it needs to be. This school has no Open house although it has been asked for for the past three years. No Holiday programs, No Library, No kindergarten graduation. There is no communication with or input from the parents. When a parent brings concerns to the attention of the adminstration they are all but ignored or excused away. This administration is worse then the other two before it. My child also has just been transferred out and yes it is sad. This is my neighborhood school and I wanted it to be just as good as Durkin. Not the case at all!! I soo wish I wouldve bought my home on the Durkin park side. For the stevenson parents It's up to YOUR L.S.C Make sure the people YOU elected do what you expect them to!

Posted May 21, 2010
It is unfortunate that during a time that parents are being told of future cutbacks due to budget, Stevenson parents have experienced this for the last two years with the current administration. When we ask why, the response is always "My hands are tied", "The changes are from regional" This response has now become a broken record based on incompetency and disorganization at the administrative level. Ther is still no open house. Administration cannot get teachers who are frustrated with school leadership to attend. Holiday programs, spring programs, and extracurricular activities are rare at this school. Communication with parents, especially for incidences of danger, are limited. The response is "I called who I was supposed to." I is with great sadness because it is my neighborhood school that I cannot reccomend it. At the close of this year, my children are out.

Posted January 31, 2010

Posted October 07, 2008
This school now has an administration that truly has the childrens best interests at heart. There are alot of issues that are on there way to getting some resolution. Parents are starting to get off their butts and participating.

Posted March 27, 2008

Posted December 14, 2007
This is an excellent school and it molded the foundation of my education with gold. I am in high school now but none of my understanding of the curriculm would have been marginably possible without the thourough base Stevenson gave me. I have several good memories of attending here and am not ashamed of it the least bit. I would recommend this school to any parent who has a child that does not speak english or has a learning disability. The teachers are excellent and caring; they definately disciplined me. And for that, I am a better adolecent than I was yesterday (-Mrs. McGee, 4th grade).

Stevenson Elementary School
8010 South Kostner Avenue, Chicago, IL  60652
Last modified Stevenson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Stevenson Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top