Bad
Good

Putting our children education & safety first. Faculty & staff all work together to achieve these task which are trying at times but they find a way to GET THE JOB DONE!

This school has no protocol for dealing with bullying. The principal is hardly ever available and the vice principal is just an excuse maker. My child has been here three years and they have yet to resolve the issues in the classroom. I have decided that enough is enough we are leaving. The only answer given to me is that my child is weak and need to buck up and deal with it. Verbal bullying is real and easier to get away with because there are no physical scars.

I am a student of Sumner academy.I feel that MOST of the teachers are really focused on teaching every child and going at a nice pace while teaching so that every single student can catch on.But then again I feel that sometimes they can have too many rules that come from other student ruining it for everyone and making everyone suffer the consequences.I think that those certain students who did something wrong should be the ones that suffer the consequences and not every one else.I can understand sometimes everyone gets punished but I think as a school that we have a little too much of it.So as a sumner team I think we can all come together as a team to make something happen about that so that everyone can feel like they're being treated fairly.

as a parent of a sumner student i think that the teachers and parents need to step there game up,there is just to much volience and i'm afraid for my child to leave school some days.sometimes it just seem like a joke to some of the the staff. they seat back and watch the kids figth.i reall need you all to do something about this .p.s aiways worried

I've been teachin in the system long enough to know and excellent school when I see it. My years of experience told me Sumner was a great place, so, when I returned to the classroom I was delighted to be hired as a teacher. Our standards are high and each year we strive to raise them even higher. Most students and parents are absolutely delightful to work with. The kids are happy, the halls are quiet, the children are learning. The staff at Sumner adore their kids. Even the most challenging child has been spoken of lovingly by someone close to him/her. Not only do teachers look after their own students, but former students and siblings are under their watchful eyes. Only the best is acceptable at Sumner and we have it in staff, parents and students!

Sumner is a great school. I just graduated from there June of 2007. I loved it. The teachers are so nice and understanding. Although there may be fights, it is still a wonderful school and your kids would love it. They will learn so much.

I am a single working parent that has a student at Sumner. It is very hard to get in contact with teachers and or counselors. The teachers there to me are young and inexperienced to deal with kids. Sumner's focuses on the wrong things and instead of the kids progress and learning. They rather worry about what the kids are wearing to school. My opinion is Sumner is not that great.

Last modified Sumner Elementary Math & Sci Community Academy is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.