Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Walsh Elementary School 1

Posted November 03, 2015
I am giving John A. Walsh Math and Science Elementary School a 1 Starred Tier, since unfortunately there wern't any ZERO starred tiered options available on this survey. Just to be clear, My Stars are not geared in any way towards the Teachers at this school, the great educators that I've dealt with are absolutely amazing, but primarily on Principal Martin Ryczek who is suppose to be the man I trust to run the school, that "My Child" goes to everyday. My main concern is the ever so popular "safety issue" in essense to the Primary Children also know as Kindergarten. There have been several incidents that have been brought up to the attention of Mr. Principal and I as well as other parents who may not be as outspoken such as myself, due to a language barrier. We fear taking our beloved Children to school because of misconduct of "one" yes I said "1" student. It has been brought up to administrations attention, since the beginning of the school year. The bullying, hitting, pushing, screaming, punching, foul language, running around the classroom, no self control, mean demenor and above all "NO RESPECT" for the Teacher or other students safety in the classroom. No resolution has taken place, just empty promises "so-to-speak." It has gotten to the point where I am a very concerned parent and the question that has yet remained unanswered, by the Principal. What are you going to do about it? I frankly am tierd of hearing "all the run around answers" you can save that for "the one's that don't care" about their Childrens safety at school. My child has not been able to get the full value for his education due to the fact that there are multiple incidents with this same child that have gone unresolved BY ADMINISTATION. AKA "The Principal" at this school. This is why I give this school a 1 starred tier, which is actually very generous on my behalf. If you can avoid sending your child here, take it from me...please do, you will be doing them a great favor down the line.

Posted May 31, 2015
Effective teachers who care about their students, great staff and Administration are reasons why Walsh School is the best in Pilson. During my career at this school I have seen many students who have left our school and became productive citizens in the community. Also our special education department has helped many students learn to read and further their abilities.

Posted June 06, 2014
Great teachers who seem to care about the kids. More parents should get involved though. It seems that the same people always help out

Walsh Elementary School 4

Posted April 04, 2013
nice building and good kids!i liked the environment and everything about this school.good place to for kids to attend!

Posted February 21, 2012
This school has some incredible improvements from previous years. It has especially improved it's upper grade's test scores. They have even added algebra for those gifted enough to understand the lessons and skip over it in high school. This School's principal has made some amazing changes for the well being of this school

Posted September 14, 2009
I have had my kids in Walsh for many years and have been through many teachers and principals. This newest principal is the best we have had and really is trying hard to improve the students lives. The teachers have improved but some need to go! I hear stories of the teachers being on contact with the parents, but I don't see that with the upper grade teachers my child has. Overall I think this is the best school in the neighborhood

Walsh Elementary School

Posted March 23, 2009
My children attend was and since the new principal took over, there has been major improvements. Now I rate the school a six , my eldest son has improved his grades due to the teachers and the principal. Walsh over all rating should be updated. I am very happy with the new changes.

Walsh Elementary School 3

Posted September 19, 2006
I have my child attending there going on 5 years the teachers are awesome those that are from k-3 then the others are just so into the ok ok lets get them in here and is it 2:30 yet type of mentality. overall I still don't mind my child being there, but I still feel there should be a change especially with the vice-principal she is so 'dry' no smiles no nothing well that's just my opinion.

Walsh Elementary School 4

Posted June 15, 2006
Most of the teachers are very good. It is unfortunate that they are being led by a principal that is more concerned with his image than with what is actually being taught.

Walsh Elementary School 2

Posted September 13, 2005
Parental involvement is discouraged. You don't know anything about your child until report card pick up day. Teachers can be robotic like. I have had my three children attending for several years and it hasn't changed. Wish I was in a different school district. Too bad they didn't invest in better leadership and teachers when they built the new school building. It is all about the paycheck and there isn't much heart or soul in the school with the exception of 2-3 teachers.

Walsh Elementary School
2015 South Peoria St, Chicago, IL  60608
Last modified Walsh Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.