Chicago, IL

Posted June 06, 2014
Great teachers who seem to care about the kids. More parents should get involved though. It seems that the same people always help out

Posted April 04, 2013
nice building and good kids!i liked the environment and everything about this school.good place to for kids to attend!

Posted February 21, 2012
This school has some incredible improvements from previous years. It has especially improved it's upper grade's test scores. They have even added algebra for those gifted enough to understand the lessons and skip over it in high school. This School's principal has made some amazing changes for the well being of this school

Posted September 14, 2009
I have had my kids in Walsh for many years and have been through many teachers and principals. This newest principal is the best we have had and really is trying hard to improve the students lives. The teachers have improved but some need to go! I hear stories of the teachers being on contact with the parents, but I don't see that with the upper grade teachers my child has. Overall I think this is the best school in the neighborhood

Walsh Elementary School 3

Posted March 31, 2009

Walsh Elementary School 0

Posted March 23, 2009
My children attend was and since the new principal took over, there has been major improvements. Now I rate the school a six , my eldest son has improved his grades due to the teachers and the principal. Walsh over all rating should be updated. I am very happy with the new changes.

Walsh Elementary School 3

Posted September 19, 2006
I have my child attending there going on 5 years the teachers are awesome those that are from k-3 then the others are just so into the ok ok lets get them in here and is it 2:30 yet type of mentality. overall I still don't mind my child being there, but I still feel there should be a change especially with the vice-principal she is so 'dry' no smiles no nothing well that's just my opinion.

Posted June 15, 2006
Most of the teachers are very good. It is unfortunate that they are being led by a principal that is more concerned with his image than with what is actually being taught.

Walsh Elementary School 2

Posted September 13, 2005
Parental involvement is discouraged. You don't know anything about your child until report card pick up day. Teachers can be robotic like. I have had my three children attending for several years and it hasn't changed. Wish I was in a different school district. Too bad they didn't invest in better leadership and teachers when they built the new school building. It is all about the paycheck and there isn't much heart or soul in the school with the exception of 2-3 teachers.

Posted September 07, 2004
This is a great school. Although the student body is not very diverse, the make up of the teachers are. They also have many after school activities and have excellent art programs. There are better schools out there but those schools are magnet schools. In my opinion this is one of the best nonmagnet schools out there. The parents are very involved as are the teachers and Principle. The Vice Principle is not very warm. Overall I give this school a B on the grading scale.

Walsh Elementary School
2015 South Peoria Street, Chicago, IL  60608
Last modified Walsh Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Walsh Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top