Bad
Good

Steinmetz Academic Centre High School 3

Posted May 31, 2015
This school is not as bad as you hear people around you say. It all really depends on the people you hang out with, just like with every school you go to. But to be honest at the end of the school year there will be a lot of fights going to just like how every high school is in CPS. But overral Steinmetz is pretty decent.

Posted December 25, 2013
I graduated from this school and went on to receive a Ph.D in Food Science from Michigan State University. The staff prepared me for a college education. I also like the excellent Alumni Association associated with the school. Best HS Alumni Association in the country. Definitely Best in the West.

Steinmetz Academic Centre High School 4

Posted June 23, 2013
The new principal has definitely turned this school around for the better! The IB program is very challenging and the friends I've made are amazing. I don't understand the reputation this school has...and I'm sure it will change in a few years with these drastic changes being made. The teachers care so much...I've never had so many great teachers in my life! My grades are phenomenal, and I haven't missed a day of school this year. Of course, some students have fights and maybe aren't as good as they should be, but doesn't every school have that small handful of bad kids? I love it here, and I'm sure you will, too!

Steinmetz Academic Centre High School 1

Posted December 04, 2009
I Atended Steinmetz and from my personal experience this school has one of the worst acedemic accomidations. It is very hard to study when fights occur durring passing periods. The school seems to be underfunded in most areas that children need to develop into the mature creative young adults they one day wish to become, and it seems as if the leaders of the school try to create unreasonalble punishments in futile attemps to better their behavior. Tyranny Begets Revolt. 'Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see. ' -Mark Twain

Posted June 12, 2008
I'm a current senior in school. I'm glad I came here. This school is amazing. Teachers cares about you. We have IB, ver smart students. I agree that some students create problems, but principal is trying to change this.

Steinmetz Academic Centre High School 4

Posted January 08, 2008
Steinmetz has been very good to my son, he has been involved in extracaricular activities and is going to college. I am very happy with how the teachers have helped and encouraged him. I am looking forward to graduation, thank you.

Posted July 20, 2007
I am a student at Steinmetz. When I began at this school as a freshman I would agree that this school had many problems with students who didn't want to do what there suppose to. Don't blame the school for children who don't want to be successful. Parent's let there children come to school with these problem's. If it's so much of a problem the take part in making it better. Now in my Junior year, I can honestly say that this school has improved greatly. The children who didn't want to be there didn't come. Maybe parent's should stop complaining and help make Steinmetz better and all PUBLIC high schools better. Steinmetz is a great school. Many of the teachers do want these children to finish high school and go to college. Shouldn't the PARENT?

Steinmetz Academic Centre High School 2

Posted February 20, 2007
i was in the class of 2006 and i did not like steinmetz at all. there are to many fights the sercuity dose nothing there graffitti every where and some teachers cared about there students and other didnt. And people made fun of me because i was a nerd. But is my fault that i come to school on time and do all my work and while they ditch class or hang out in the lunchroom or the halls? I made it through each day by ingoring every1 there and doing all my work.

Steinmetz Academic Centre High School 2

Posted December 07, 2006
Many of the classes are over crowded, and many teachers let the Special Ed. students fall through the cracks. No one is helpful, and the teachers and staff clearly have no control over the students. My son attends here, and I wish that I could afford a private school for him!

Steinmetz Academic Centre High School

Posted January 09, 2006
Steinmets Academic Center focus in learning.Students and teachers are respectful to each other.I m learning many things in there.I invite all parents who want thier children to get a good education to come in Steinmatz.It s a place for learning all cultures.

Steinmetz Academic Centre High School
3030 North Mobile Ave, Chicago, IL  60634
Last modified Steinmetz Academic Centre High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.