Chicago, IL
Students enrolled: 1,854

Posted December 25, 2013
I graduated from this school and went on to receive a Ph.D in Food Science from Michigan State University. The staff prepared me for a college education. I also like the excellent Alumni Association associated with the school. Best HS Alumni Association in the country. Definitely Best in the West.

Steinmetz Academic Centre High School 4

Posted June 23, 2013
The new principal has definitely turned this school around for the better! The IB program is very challenging and the friends I've made are amazing. I don't understand the reputation this school has...and I'm sure it will change in a few years with these drastic changes being made. The teachers care so much...I've never had so many great teachers in my life! My grades are phenomenal, and I haven't missed a day of school this year. Of course, some students have fights and maybe aren't as good as they should be, but doesn't every school have that small handful of bad kids? I love it here, and I'm sure you will, too!

Posted February 01, 2010

Posted December 04, 2009
I Atended Steinmetz and from my personal experience this school has one of the worst acedemic accomidations. It is very hard to study when fights occur durring passing periods. The school seems to be underfunded in most areas that children need to develop into the mature creative young adults they one day wish to become, and it seems as if the leaders of the school try to create unreasonalble punishments in futile attemps to better their behavior. Tyranny Begets Revolt. 'Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see. ' -Mark Twain

Steinmetz Academic Centre High School 3

Posted October 31, 2009

Steinmetz Academic Centre High School 2

Posted April 02, 2009

Posted December 11, 2008

Posted December 01, 2008

Posted June 12, 2008
I'm a current senior in school. I'm glad I came here. This school is amazing. Teachers cares about you. We have IB, ver smart students. I agree that some students create problems, but principal is trying to change this.

Posted January 16, 2008

Steinmetz Academic Centre High School
3030 North Mobile Avenue, Chicago, IL  60634
Last modified Steinmetz Academic Centre High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Steinmetz Academic Centre High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top