Chicago, IL

Ward J Elementary School 3

Posted August 23, 2010
I am a graduate of Ward Elementary School, and I can honestly say that the staff is exceptional. There is no bias here when I say that the teachers and administration are friendly, caring, professional, and even quite humorous. The teachers care about their students, and will go great lengths to help kids in need. However, the major problem I had at this school was that I felt like the curriculum was extremely watered down for the "slower" children. I yearned for knowledge, but there were not enough advanced courses to take at JWS. All in all, It's a great school and even though I felt restricted at times, I spent some great years here at Ward. I now attend one of Chicago's most prestigious high schools so I guess this elementary school is doing something right. 3/5 stars. (3 and 1/2 if i could)

Posted August 26, 2009
My son had a wonderful experience at this school. His teachers were knowledgable and caring yet firm. He truly enjoyed attending this school. He also made many friends and discovered new interests and activities. Overall a great experience!

Ward J Elementary School 0

Posted August 25, 2009
I like this school due to it's size and caring atmosphere. The teacher's care and the school is diverse. The teacher's teach students to aim high and the work at all grades is challenging!

Posted April 29, 2009

Posted April 28, 2009

Ward J Elementary School 4

Posted August 22, 2004

Ward J Elementary School 4

Posted February 08, 2004

Ward J Elementary School
2701 South Shields Avenue, Chicago, IL  60616
Last modified Ward J Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ward J Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top