1 star

Posted August 08, 2012
The teachers at Morgan are there because they can't get a job anywhere else. The good teachers that were there move on to a better school. Get rid of teacher tenure and the ridiculous union rules and you will see big changes.

Posted June 11, 2012
I am a parent of three at Morgan and is very disappointed with how things are ran there. There's not enough teachers to meet the kids needs. also the kids are put into classrooms that has two grades level. I believe that there should be one teacher per grade. the curriculum is on a scale of 1 to 10 a low 2. I, myself has volunteered there as a assistant cheerleader coach for three years and the lack of parent involvement is tremendous. They need more staff in the office to greet people as they enter, and more stability as a school

Morgan Elementary School 3

Posted August 25, 2005

Posted October 20, 2004
I have two kids at this school and I can say that Morgan is the worst school in Chicago. The school or should I say the teachers at this school don't have a clue. There is no guidance at this school, I have walked into my child classrom and saw kids shooting dice (craps) in the classroom and the teacher said and did nothing. I've witnessed some of the kids cursing out teachers and other members of the school. Also my son is in the 6th grade and he can't read on his grade level. He has failed every subject in the past 2 years and still they pass him to the next grade. Please explain how can my child enter the next grade?

Posted August 26, 2003
I believe more could be done for our children in this school I have 3 children at Garrett Morgan Elem. And I am not satisfied with this school in our community at all. This school need more attention to our children and more parent involvement.

Morgan Elementary School
8407 South Kerfoot Avenue, Chicago, IL  60620
Last modified Morgan Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Morgan Elementary School Rating: 1 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top