Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

We were so disappointed with this school, that we moved out of the neighborhood so that both of our teenagers could attend a better school. From the aloof guidance counselor, to the unemotional teaching staff, no one we met there seems happy to be educating young adults. The buildings themselves are so outdated you would think you are in a financially struggling small industrial town's high school. Of course you have a mix of parents that many are so full of themselves, that the staff must tire quickly from the obnoxious kids and equally self-centered parents. As business owners in the neighborhood for a decade now, we also feel their pain, but poor school leadership can never be tolerated. High drug use, including drug use during gym classes in Oz Park is common at this school as well. Both of our kids are doing well in their equally high rated academic high school, have engaging teachers, and a guidance counselor who cares about their educational paths.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Teachers I have met at LP were encouraging and kind.

Amount of homework: Neutral

Not sure kids need quite so much homework.

My son goes here, and is in what was their double honors program. I think there is now fluidity among their programs, and kids can take IB, honors or AP classes, regardless of which program they were admitted to. Whenever, I go there for any reason, the staff seem genuinely happy. Often in CPS, it seems like the staff can be a little sour. It really seems like this school is well run. Ok, another great thing, is that my son rec'd a 34 as his overall score on his ACT. He definitely has rec'd a great education at CPS. CPS is a tough system to navigate, but well worth it if you can get into the right school for your child. Lincoln Park also just rec'd 10 million dollars for upgrades. The reason I didn't give the school 5 stars, is that I wish maybe someone at the school tried to get him a little more involved, I guess. Still, great school. :)

It's sad to see such poor reviews since my experience at LP has been filled solely with wonderful staff, diversity, education, and opportunity.

My daughter enrolled in 2012 as a freshman and now, 4 years later, she will graduate in June. Lincoln Park High School has proven to be one of the best experiences my daughter could ever have. If I had to do it over again, I would not even hesitate to choose this school. Great teachers, great assistants and most of all, a great principal, Mr. Boraz! Go Lions!!

This school is just terrible. The administration staff is a joke the honors level teachers simply don't seem to care about anything their students do. The counseling department with the exception of a few will do little to nothing for their students. A simple schedule change is asking for too much because "if [they] do it for you [they] have to do it for everyone". So I guess they are for the majority to fail. I wasn't being irrational I wanted a schedule because of all my extra curricular activities and the constant being pulled out of class but that apparently wasn't enough. While some students received a schedule change because they simply did not like their schedule. So yes I give this school a 1/5 because of such poor staff.

LPHS is definitely the best school for college readiness. Plus the diversity at this school is like no other in the city.

My daughter is part of the IB program at LPHS and she loves it! My son recently graduated from Lane & having experienced both schools, I have to say that LPHS is a much better option. The IB program has to be the most rigorous program in CPS H.S. My daughter has learned so much in just 2 years. Her teachers offer so much support & tutoring. Something that my son lacked at Lane. The small student body in the IB program allows students to get more 1 on 1 attention & form close bonds with the students. My son never had the same kids twice in his classes & almost never seen his friends until school was finished. If I had a do over, I would have sent my son to LP.

Lincoln Park HS is a pretty good school. I am currently a senior at Lincoln Park. As an incoming freshman, I choose the Double Honors program at Lincoln Park over the Alpha Program at Lane Tech and it was a good choice. The HH program was very challenging for me and I fell behind quickly. Most of my teachers were helpful and tried to support me. Whenever I SEEK HELP, I get it. The college application process is pretty easy too. I meet with my counselor all the time now and she is always willing to help. Overall, any teacher or faculty member is willing to help IF YOU SEEK IT. I would love to praise the music program. As the best CPS music program, LP really cares for its musicians. Beginning band gets just as much attention as the Wind Symphony. The choirs are top notch. The music program is prestigious all around. Although I hate this school with a passion, I must say that it is a pretty great one.

Last modified Lincoln Park High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.