Posted October 09, 2014
Lincoln Park HS is a pretty good school. I am currently a senior at Lincoln Park. As an incoming freshman, I choose the Double Honors program at Lincoln Park over the Alpha Program at Lane Tech and it was a good choice. The HH program was very challenging for me and I fell behind quickly. Most of my teachers were helpful and tried to support me. Whenever I SEEK HELP, I get it. The college application process is pretty easy too. I meet with my counselor all the time now and she is always willing to help. Overall, any teacher or faculty member is willing to help IF YOU SEEK IT. I would love to praise the music program. As the best CPS music program, LP really cares for its musicians. Beginning band gets just as much attention as the Wind Symphony. The choirs are top notch. The music program is prestigious all around. Although I hate this school with a passion, I must say that it is a pretty great one.

Posted September 11, 2014
Graduated from the I.b program a few years ago, absolutely horrible. Nothing but horrid memories from this institution. They counseling services at this school are close to nonexistent. Despite working extremely hard - I didn't get into my first choice university - nobody cared - all the focus and work was placed toward 2-3 I.b students. I do not recommend this place - if I had the $, I would go to Latin or Francis Parker - way less work and yet I would end up at the university of my choice. Disgusted and ashamed that I went here.

Posted May 26, 2014
Lincoln Park high! While the teachers are dedicated, there is still not enough money to do all the things they want to do! If we could have a big FUNDING DRIVE every year, we could become one of the top 10 schools in the nation! If we could enlist an ASTRONAUT, or a well known PUBLIC figure to attend our drives, maybe people would commit! I myself, now living out-of-state, & with a minimum amount of SS per month, would still be willing to contribute something every year! Best wishes to all at LPHS....

Posted May 24, 2014
I'm a sophomore in the IB program at Lincoln Park, and this is in response mainly to those who have had anything negative to say about LP. LP is a great school. It is what you make it. It is impossible to use a school as a scapegoat for your own personal failures. The IB program is ridiculously rigorous, I took Pre- Calculus and Honors British Literature as a Freshman (Junior level classes) and as a sophomore I am currently taking an Integrated Science course and two AP classes as a Sophomore. From what I hear from my peers not in the IB, the Double Honors program is also very rigorous with options to take really advanced classes in the first two years of HS. There is no where else in the city (and arguably) the state where you can get a public education like this. The music program is outstanding. For those of you who complain about the lack of school spirit, you've never heard the band and have never been to the homecoming game. Unless you get involved, you will never experience anything LP has to offer. The administration and teachers are as involved in your/your child's education as you want them to be. LP is an outstanding school, if you want it to be. GO Lions!

Posted April 30, 2014
I am a Freshman at Lincoln Park High School. This school is one of the worst schools around. It's so bad that I would rather go to Schurz High School which is one of the worst high schools in CPS. At LP the security guards are terrible. The teachers are not that good. The students are horrible and don't care about anything. I have only been there for a year and I dread the next 3 years.

Posted April 15, 2014
I'm currently a junior at LPHS. After reading some of these reviews,i've seen alot of negative feed back. Lincoln park is an excellent school for kids who want to find their true selves because Lincoln Park opens up their eyes in a way they've never did before. Before I came Lp I had no idea that I was talented,important,or smart. i've lived on the far south side for my whole life and only knew what I saw and was told,I never wanted to learn more. I was bullied from pre-k through 8th grade because i'm black with naturally red hair and I was diferent ,which made me hate my hair and myself.When I came to Lincoln Park, the kids embraced my hair and my character and made me feel like I mattered. I was never smart,so my grades, were low and no high school would accept me;but LPHS was the only one that did,out of 12 schools. Lphs gave me a chance at a better education and I'm so grateful. Now some of the staff are rude and ignorant,but so are 50% of Americans now of days. I hate my counselor because she's not good but the rest our border-line perfect.If you want your kid to be ready for the real world then send them Lphs because it's a really good school

Lincoln Park High School 3

Posted April 04, 2014
This school is a great school with lots of talented students and lots of potential. But the school and staff are not.focused of the students learning. Lincoln Park is more focused on discipline and not the students education. They're to busy trying to keep up with other schools by buying flat screen televisions for the lunchroom, but we dont have enough books, most are torn into bits, or not enough for a class. We also have insects and mice infested in the school. I think Lincoln park can do so much better than what they are doing.

Posted February 24, 2014
The freshman counselor is great about sending emails and reminders for everything its wonderful. All the teachers I have dealt with are caring and concerned and get back to me right away. I'm hoping this continues after Freshman year!

Posted February 23, 2014
Good School. Sends regular communication to parents. They do not prefer to respond to Parent queries. Some of my emails have remained unanswered for 3 months now.

Posted November 09, 2013
I believed th hype and sent my kid here, since coming here, he has been bullied, very hard to get a appointment to speak with a teacher and when graduated he only got a 18 on the ACT. Don't let this staff fool you, they dont care about students with IEPs or students who are the top students. Not all kids from this school go on to top universities. Many students go on to community colleges or state universities. L.P also have gangs, unruly ghetto kids, and fughts, this school is usually kids second choice , when they cant get into a selective enrollment high school or cant afford a private h.s. This school isnt on the level of Payton, W.Y., lane or Jones. L.P is like a poser, a joke...dont believe the hype about this school.

Lincoln Park High School
2001 North Orchard Street, Chicago, IL  60614
Last modified Lincoln Park High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lincoln Park High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 69 reviews. Top