Chicago, IL
Students enrolled: 1,527

Washington G High School 4

Posted September 19, 2012
This school has really improved with the teachers and students. Teachers are willing to work together with their students.

Washington G High School 5

Posted August 05, 2008
I am a current student at washington and yes i have to admit there is problems in the school like in any other but as students u make the school wat it is. The school offers great programs and school activities and for expirience i can say that they have great teachers that offer to stay after school to help students with anything they don't understand and most of those teachers are the ones that are part of the IB which is one of the best programs the school offers. The IB program offers alot of opportunities for the students from expirience i can say that because of the program i was able to meet and be in a meeting with mayor daily and the United Nations secretary general Ban Ki-moon. The school is great it all depends on the students and with who they hang around so don't balme the school.

Washington G High School 5

Posted March 19, 2006
Dear parents all I can say is I like the school it seems to be safe I bring my child to school monday thru Friday and there does'nt seem to be any problems when I drop her off or pick her up. I like that because if there is not any order in school children can't learn.Also they like to see parents come up to check on their children and for children to respect adults. I have talked to students who are working on their service hours,and I was pleasantly surprised by their leadership and attetion to detail.Also thank you MR C the Math Teacher for your help with my daughter KKP Algebra 1 . Sincerely D Patmon PS. I love the after school programs. Parent involement appears to be great!

Washington G High School 1

Posted August 26, 2005
There should also be a rating for quality of students which at this school is also low. The teachers can only do so much with what they are given. Except for the very few bright students most other students have low expectations from themselves, probably a reflection of what is expected from them at home. I may have seen the principal a total of two times my four years there, maybe three if you count graduation. There are teachers there who care but for every one that does there are three times as many that don't. And I don't blame them, I feel bad for the teachers who try repeatedly year after year to help guide these ungrateful young adults in their lives.

Washington G High School 2

Posted May 14, 2005
The teachers obviously do not care if the kids succeed or not. I have never seen the school so disorganized. The Principal especially deserves a failing grade. I'm trying to get my son out of there and into a better school.

Washington G High School 1

Posted January 18, 2005
Don' t send your child, the school has lost it values. Instead of working on academics they' re worried about petty things. Clothes, bookbags, and treating them like preschoolers instead of the youg adults they are. They way over the top with discipline. they discipline you for any little thing. instead of trying to see what the real problem may be or why they are just so quick to jump to disciplinenary action.

Washington G High School
3535 East 114th Street, Chicago, IL  60617
Last modified Washington G High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Washington G High School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top