Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

Develops character: Agree

Well again its truly what the teacher is teaching your children. But They really have me impressed

The teachers Ive dealt with are very involved in my daughters education. She has excelled with extra attention and help out of there own time. This is a caring body of teachers that I have came across and the line of communication is always open for more involvement. My child has had a great school experience and this is only the beginning.

I do not have enough room to describe how inadequate and unprofessional this school is. First, why are parents required to send things like copy paper and paper towels to a school that is sponsored by a MULTIMILLION dollar company (Ariel Investments), while that company donates millions of dollars to the UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO LAB SCHOOL? Secondly, I don't know which is poorer: the condition of the school (broken, rusty doors, filthy walls and floors, clothes in the stairwell, trash outside of the school, etc., etc...) or principal Lenette Coleman's poor, dry, uncaring and unprofessional attitude. She is engaging with her "favorite" parents but ignores the rest of us. I've seen this in action over several years. She is not a representation of excellence, and this contradicts the mission of the school. If I could give this school NO stars I would, and I agree with every other low rating because it's the TRUTH. Shameful.

Ariel Community Academy is a great school that places a value on critical thinking while working with the children to circumvent unstructured learning. From the principal, teachers, counselors, security and lunch personnel, the commitment from them is evident every day. Additionally, there are various affinity groups that work with the young men and activities that help with promoting an environment where students are challenged to think creatively about what they are learning. Thank you Ariel for making our child's experience an excellent one!

If you are searching for a school where the administration (i.e. Dr. Coleman, Ms. Madkins and all of the exceptional teachers) talks and educates not only your child but you about managing finances. Children are taught to follow financial markets and as a class make investments; they are assisted by industry practitioners that understand how to make money with financial markets. We have been with Ariel for four years and can't wait for the school year to start. They really are a wonderful community school and I applaud all the hard work the staff and administration (even Althea and the rest of the culinary workers) put into educating your child.

Quality of this school has gone down. Disappointed in the administration for letting so many things occur. The students are unruly, the teachers yell endlessly at the chidlren, there are little to no field trips. My children will not be returning. I can't wait until the administration realizes there is an issue and things get better.

I'm a very concerned that this school has taken a turn for the worse. This school is definitely not what it used to be. There are so many behavior problems now. The students are cursing, running, screaming and a few of the teachers and staff are worse than the kids. I don't want to name anyone personally but threatening kids is unaccpetable. The kids are indeed out of control but there has got to be a way to handle these chidlren. Children are being exposed to inappropriate behavior and subject matter that they would otherwise not be exposed to. I don't know where these students came from or what happened to change things so dramatically. The climate has definitely changed at Ariel from the parents to the students. One child left in 6th grade and my other 2 won't be returning. Dr. Coleman has gotten extremely lax and I'm dissappointed and disgusted.

When My children began attending Ariel I thought it was a great thing. That was until this year when the 4th/5th grade Writing and Social Studies teacher Mr. Brown slapped my daughter. Although he will not admit it, he has admitted to a staff member that he threatened to slap her. He has also been putting her, and other students in the closet. He's even grabbed my other daughter by her arms and shaken her. The principal Dr. Coleman won't do anything to protect my child. She acts as if nothing has happened. That frightens me. My daughters are scared to go back to school, and I feel helpless. Ariel is currently on academic probation, and now there is a teacher that is a threat to students. Parents have to worry about the safety of their children when they are not in the classroom. They shouldn't have to worry about the safety of their children inside of the classroom. Especially when teachers are supposed to protect them, not strike and threaten them!

ariel is a good school that most of my friends go to I am trying to get enrolled here as soon as possible I will be a credit to ariel not a regret

HOW CAN I START OK ARIEL IS THE GREATES BUT ONE THING I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR 1 YAR ALREADY I WANTED MY CHILD TO GET IN THERE BUT IT IS A LOTTRY SO I DONT UNDERSTAND THE WHOLE LOTTRY THING SO NOW I FOUND OUT THAT MY COUSINS CHILD IS GOING THEIR WITH OUT A PROBLEM SHE IS IN 6 GRDE SO WHAT IS THE PROBLEM ?????????????????????????????????????????? I AM SO LOST ???????????????????

Last modified Ariel Elementary Community Academy is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.