Chicago, IL

Posted December 05, 2013
Small class sizes, excellent and involved principal, diverse student body, challenging courses (including AP), plenty of activities/ sports, 100% college placement and safe environment. There are NO fights or gangs at this school, only scholars! Parental involvement is strong at Brooks esp through Brooks Parents Club, which meets monthly. My child graduated from Skinner West Classical School (CPS)and is now a sophomore and is excelling. I feel comftable knowing he is safe when I drop him off everyday at Brooks. In the Spring, my son will travel overseas to Italy/Europe through Brooks travel abroad program. My son also participate in swimming and baseball. He has met a diverse group of friends from all over the city. I love that Brooks main focus us ACT preparation and getting every student into college with scholarships. I know we mafe the right decision by choosing Brooks. Attending Brooks College Prep is like attending a private school for free!

Posted October 20, 2013
My school is fantastic. The clubs are amazing and useful to the community. The school is cultural, diverse, and welcoming. The people are amazing. The staff really cares about you and strives to help you be the best you can be. They want you to succeed. I really love this school. I would recommend this school to everyone.

Posted October 28, 2011
Let me say that brooks is a fundamental / AMAZiNG school. I dont go there but i am applying their they are my first choice the open house i attended was just wondeful. They have remodled and it's looking very good they have a pond outisde the school it's a beautiful site to see and there school is well organized and clean. There academics is excellent. They have 99% ready and prepared to graduate and go on to college is that cool or what. I hope i get accepcted well me and my twin. we both applied. if u are trying to find a good outstandnig high school brooks is the one. o and i LOVE their choir they all sound like angels ! GO BROOKS. :) the teachers there are awesome & cool.

Posted March 30, 2011
This is an amazing school! I have been challenged and learned so much. I am glad I was accepted to this school. I am have been accepted to Harvard College on the east coast and Duke University (amongst others). I have chosen Duke University and is excited to attend in the fall. The teachers are great and they help you out if you need some extra help. I am going to miss Brooks College Prep.

Brooks College Prep Academy High School 1

Posted December 10, 2009

Posted June 10, 2009

Posted May 27, 2009
This is our second year in the Brooks family. I think that Dr. Brown, the teachers, and the rest of Brooks staff are doing a great job. My child's academic needs are being met. The teachers and curriculum is challenging. The extra curricular activities are getting better. My son feels very safe at this school and I do not worry about him while he is there. Many improvements are being made to the campus. Such as a swimming pool, new gym, auditorium, bowling alley, and football field. We couldn't ask for a better school. This is a great school.

Brooks College Prep Academy High School 0

Posted March 18, 2009
My child went to Brooks for four years and did not like the school. My response was this is a top ranked school, and it will be good for you. Ever since the new principal was hired, the school seems to be going down except in sports. You have very good teachers in place if they are allowed to teach, and the rest need to come up to the task. I pulled my child out and transferred to another high school. At this time her grades have gotten better, and will graduate on schedule. My child has picked up on the subjects they fell behind in, and are on the right track. My heart fell Thanks go out to all that helped while my child was there.

Posted February 21, 2009

Posted January 26, 2009

Brooks College Prep Academy High School
250 East 111th Street, Chicago, IL  60628
Last modified Brooks College Prep Academy High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brooks College Prep Academy High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top