Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

Despite budget cuts, I love how everything is still prioritized. As a parent, I'm aware of the budget cuts. But the kids aren't. The teachers are great and I love that the school is small because it helps make a close knit environment that's like a second home for the students. My daughter is in first grade at the moment, and she's always been helped by the older kids when she takes longer than expected. She doesn't have an ISP, but for those that do, you wouldn't know. I commend Lenart on their inclusiveness and the way they instill morals. They focus on more than knowledge.

My daughter attended Lenart for 6th through 8th grades because I wanted her to have the true 'middle school' experience. Lenart did not disappoint. The principal was less than stellar, but I found the staff and extra-curricular activities to be engaging. The teachers were responsive, communicative, and available. Parents, children belong to *****US***** not CPS. My daughter is about to graduate from Whitney Young and I have been blessed by the education she has received in Chicago!!

I have two students at Lenart. Over the years the school has improved tremendously. Excellent teachers have replaced less committed ones. The principal is building a great team of creative and dedicated teachers. Parent involvement is weak unfortunately, but I feel this is challenging due the fact that most families don't live nearby. My children are very happy there and are excelling academically. They have are thriving in the supportive and challenging environment.

The curriculum and teachers for the younger grades (K-3) seem solid, but I wonder if the teachers are really good or if it the kids who are just easy to teach. The older grades I'm not sure. Some of the teachers have been there awhile and do not seem excited and passionate to be teaching to some of CPS's best students, so I do wish they would assess and hire some new teachers. The administration is not very transparent; I agree that they tend to sweep away any real issues and those are not ever communicated to parents. The Latin teacher left last year and Latin was removed, the French teacher left mid-year for a while this year and there was no French. The administration needs to take care of this inconsistency and communicate to parents what is going on. Biggest PRO: (almost) all of the kids k-8 are nice, well behaved children and seem to support each other. The staff are mostly all great and know all of the students by name, especially the secretary Mrs. Golden who looks out for all of the students. I wish there were more gifted oriented "extras" in the curriculum to provide more challenge, but so far there don't seem to be at the grade level we are in.

The students are brilliant. The building is well-kept. However, when my child had a serious situation that I brought to the administration, the issue was not addressed. I'm concerned about issues being swept under the rug to present a good image.

My child has had a great year in Kindergarten at Lenart so far. The teacher, who is new to the school this year, is wonderful. The administration is professional and quick to respond to my questions or concerns. I volunteer at the school often and have seen nothing but professionalism amongst the staff. There is great parental involvement in my child's class, although I think there could be more involvement from parents in the upper grades. Overall, we are very pleased with this small school of bright, well behaved children.

Continuing of lenart... Teachers each have their own personalities and teaching styles, with some being more effective teachers than others. The music department only has one "Do-it-all" guy. yes, he does a good job in placing in competitions but when it comes down to learning the fundamentals of music, he falls FLAT (lol). He manages many different bands and a choir, but he seems to favor some over the others. he isn't exactly the nicest person, but he does do A LOT for Lenart. The science teacher has been given the duty to teach boht science and social studies. she is a excellent science teacher, often teaching things above and beyond the textbook, but has to in a way, trim down her usual work to be able to cope with teaching 3 grade levels, two subjects. The math teacher...she's something. you learn to love her, if she doesn't like you, then you're kinda stuck. she teaches math well, but when I was in her class I sorta just learned something and then forgot it after the test. that's kinda why i'm re-taking algebra. She does help you, as long as you take the initiative to come speak to her, which is really smart, since that is what high school is revolved around, self-initiative.

I was very optimistic about Lenart, but find that the teachers lack enthusiasm and the curriculum is uninspiring. I wish I saw the kids more excited about learning - as gifted students, there should be MANY MORE opportunities to showcase their talents outside the traditional classroom, as well as to gain leadership experience.

Lenart Elementary is an Excellent school, if you want your child to be taught the fundamentals and NOT drilled just for test taking purposes Lenart is the place. The Principal, teachers, and parents are all about the students and ensuring they receive the best fundamental education. My daughters thirst for knowledge is being sated and challenged and I have learned some new things from her along the way. The school is very culturally diverse which is another plus in my opinion. Lenart can and will improve just like other schools with more funding. I have found the Principal to be very open to any and all suggestions regarding improving the school on all levels. This is a new year and my family is looking forward to the new journey this school year will bring.

Is the new principal good for Lenart, that remains in the balance. The new principal last year (2012) created a power point presentation about Lenarts performance over the past 5 years or so. She stated our scores could be better. She said that the exiting principal and assistant principal did a good job, but the results could be higher. When a new principal with no experience in gifted teaching or leading a school of gifted students brings out a power point presentation with statistics, she will now be watched closely by many Lenart parents regarding performance. How can a someone who has not been at Lenart know how the school functions? The last time I checked, Lenart is in the Top 6 elementary schools in the state for more than 7 years and its only GOOD. So what is her goal? Since her start 2012, no Science Fairs, Speech Fairs, and other events to recognize Lenart students. She is changing things when they were working well. Lastly, she is not approachable in comparison to the last principal. Some parents have discussed that when they enter the main office, she makes eye contact from her desk, and does not acknowledge them. Oops, she is a principal. So far, no stats for 2013.

Last modified Lenart Elementary Regional Gifted Center is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.