9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Great school! Transferred daughter from out of country school to SSA and feel good knowing she is receiving quality education. IB program is outstanding!

I am currently a sophomore at st. scholastica academy. from my freshman experience it was really different compared to my former elementary school. i learned how to use a lock and a locker for the first time because my former school didnt have lockers. The school evironment is very welcoming and kind. the staff and faculty especially are very nice. if i could pick one teacher as my favorite i would have a hard time. all my teachers from my freshmen year were so nice. they showed that they care with the little things that they do. for example, my physics teacher assigned us an end of the quarter research paper. i didnt really know how to start it but he helped me. the teachers are approachable so dont be scared to ask them for help. they are there you.

I attend this school now. Im a freshman I transfered here from a school in Oregon called Barlow. It is an all girls school so I dont like that, the school work is challenging and it is hard to catch up its a very strict put together enviroment. This school is very good for an education and is much saught after. The tuition fee is decent not outragiousily expensive but im sure for some familys it is difficult to pay the cost. I am both looking forward to my years to come and dreading all of the hard work and my years without boys.

I am a former student and now in my 20s and living and work in New York City. I can't say enough about single gender education. I attribute my confidence and assertiveness to the attention and small class size that are a strength of SSA. I met a lot of great young women who have proven to be life long friends. The theological focus on social justice was progressive without being preachy. My parents are still very much involved in stewardship with SSA and preparing the next generation of women to face this world. Overall, I had a fun time, felt challenged, not judged, and secure.

My daughter is a junior at SSA, and I cannot say enough good things about the school. SSA took my happy, strong, smart 13 year old girl, and they have helped to make her happier, stronger, clearer about herself, and motivated to achieve more. The faculty are outstanding, the opportunities for involvement are without parallel in the city or suburbs, and the nurturing atmosphere is perfect for adolescent girls. Girls grow in strength and confidence at SSA. The science program is particularly outstanding. Also, the fine arts (both performing and visual) offerings are stupendous. Finally, the faith component is just right. SSA provides a Catholic education but they also welcome diversity.

Last modified St Scholastica Academy is a Private school that serves grades 9-12