Posted November 20, 2014
We love St. Tars. Its a great school and great families. Its a gem of a school on the NW side of Chicago.

Posted October 02, 2013
St. Tarcissus is a wonderful school. My children have had very dedicated teachers and have been successful students. The enrichment time bulit in the days schedule is an added bonus. They students that struggle get small group instruction, those who are excelling get the opportunity for enrichment academically as well as creatively. Music, creative writing and book clubs are a few of the offerings during this time. Sports teams, scouts, chess, musical insturments and academic teams are offered as afterschool activites. I am very proud that I chose to send my children to St. Tars. Overall a great community of educators, parents and children.

St Tarcissus Elementary School 3

Posted January 02, 2012
When I went here it was an average school. Big Sports teams and events..except this school was not for me cause I STUNK at sports! I did well though I didnt focus on all the sports teams(kind of hard because it was EVERYWHERE) Basically I came here to learn...not to play sports or to make friends!

Posted December 27, 2010
My daughter is in the Preschool program at St. Tars. I cannot say enough about this school! It is really amazing. The preschool program is fantastic! They treat the children with such respect and truly help them become the best they can. My biggest regret is sending my daughter to another preschool last year. -Such night and day!!! We drive past 5 Catholic Schools to get to St. Tars everyday, and it is well worth it!! The community is exactly what we want our children to be raised in. - A really supportive community of great parents, amazing teachers, and a fantastic principal!!

St Tarcissus Elementary School 4

Posted January 13, 2010

Posted October 19, 2009
Pros: This is a great catholic school. Probably ranks in the top percentile in the Northside. Nothing like a public school and many activities. In fact, one of the most extensive sports programs for catholic elementary schools in the Northwest Side. Cons: The school is old and needs more funding for aesthetic improvements and other things like central air.

St Tarcissus Elementary School 1

Posted April 26, 2009

Posted March 10, 2009

Posted June 26, 2008
I have two children in St Tarcissus and two that have graduated. The children were well prepared for high school and after having the oldest recently complete his ACT - well prepared for higher education. I can't say enough about the Jr High Teachers. I attribute much of my children's success to their teaching. The principal, Mr Hecker, was a teacher in the junior high for many years prior to becoming principal and has been very consistent. He doesn't rush to judgment. My children are receiving/have received an excellent education, built strong friendships and have a solid faith foundation that will last their lifetime. My older boys both played sports at St. Tars and now both are successful playing Varsity Basketball, Football and Track. Education 5*s, Athletics 5*s, Principal 5*s.

Posted February 06, 2008

St Tarcissus Elementary School
6040 West Ardmore Avenue, Chicago, IL  60646
Last modified St Tarcissus Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Tarcissus Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top