Chicago, IL

Posted November 20, 2014
We love St. Tars. Its a great school and great families. Its a gem of a school on the NW side of Chicago.

Posted October 02, 2013
St. Tarcissus is a wonderful school. My children have had very dedicated teachers and have been successful students. The enrichment time bulit in the days schedule is an added bonus. They students that struggle get small group instruction, those who are excelling get the opportunity for enrichment academically as well as creatively. Music, creative writing and book clubs are a few of the offerings during this time. Sports teams, scouts, chess, musical insturments and academic teams are offered as afterschool activites. I am very proud that I chose to send my children to St. Tars. Overall a great community of educators, parents and children.

Posted January 02, 2012
When I went here it was an average school. Big Sports teams and events..except this school was not for me cause I STUNK at sports! I did well though I didnt focus on all the sports teams(kind of hard because it was EVERYWHERE) Basically I came here to learn...not to play sports or to make friends!

Posted December 27, 2010
My daughter is in the Preschool program at St. Tars. I cannot say enough about this school! It is really amazing. The preschool program is fantastic! They treat the children with such respect and truly help them become the best they can. My biggest regret is sending my daughter to another preschool last year. -Such night and day!!! We drive past 5 Catholic Schools to get to St. Tars everyday, and it is well worth it!! The community is exactly what we want our children to be raised in. - A really supportive community of great parents, amazing teachers, and a fantastic principal!!

Posted October 19, 2009
Pros: This is a great catholic school. Probably ranks in the top percentile in the Northside. Nothing like a public school and many activities. In fact, one of the most extensive sports programs for catholic elementary schools in the Northwest Side. Cons: The school is old and needs more funding for aesthetic improvements and other things like central air.

Posted June 26, 2008
I have two children in St Tarcissus and two that have graduated. The children were well prepared for high school and after having the oldest recently complete his ACT - well prepared for higher education. I can't say enough about the Jr High Teachers. I attribute much of my children's success to their teaching. The principal, Mr Hecker, was a teacher in the junior high for many years prior to becoming principal and has been very consistent. He doesn't rush to judgment. My children are receiving/have received an excellent education, built strong friendships and have a solid faith foundation that will last their lifetime. My older boys both played sports at St. Tars and now both are successful playing Varsity Basketball, Football and Track. Education 5*s, Athletics 5*s, Principal 5*s.

Posted December 29, 2007
St.Tars is a very good school. The junior high teachers are the best. But they arn't many activities there. Few sports and very few other clubs. They school is filled with clicks but it all depends on the grade. I recommend to school because this school is exactly like a public school but with a great religion progam. It has a lot of stupid rules that are frankly pointless. Punishment is just slips.

Posted December 09, 2007
I am in 8th grade, and have been at St.Tars since Pre-K and it is an overall great school. The teachers in the junior high are very dedicated to their students. It is a good place to put your money if your child is willing to give it their all.

St Tarcissus Elementary School 1

Posted October 25, 2007
I am completely disgusted with St. Tarcissus. They only cater to the average child and if you are above or below then you sink or swim all on your own. They claim they have resources for those needing the extra help, unfortunately they are not offered to everyone. The discipline policy is extremely inconsistent. You don't ever get a straight answer from any of the administrators. Don't waste your money here.

Posted January 28, 2007
The school is well run, both my girls go there. It is clickish, but so is everything else. They give the kids alot of homework, working and doing homework with the kids doesn't leave alot of extra time...but I keep trying.

St Tarcissus Elementary School
6040 West Ardmore Avenue, Chicago, IL  60646
Last modified St Tarcissus Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Tarcissus Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top