No rating

St Pascal School

Private | PK-8

Living in Chicago

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $160,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $950.

Posted March 16, 2012

Great school, coming Fall I will have two kids attending St. Pascal, my first child started Pre-K and he shows a lot of improvement. Great teachers and Principal. A lot of activities and parents involvement. I tried to get all my family to send their kids to St. Pascal, I hope they will keep their tuition fee affordable .

Posted March 1, 2012

Really great programs here. I thought since the tuition is lower than some schools, they wouldn't compete. But when I looked and compared, it blew away the competition! For my daughter to get a head start on a language offered in high school is really nice. They also have really interesting after school programs that I'm gonna need to make use of.

Posted January 31, 2012

I am so impressed! I went on a tour and they actually have a computer station in EVERY classroom and incorporate it in their curriculum. They won a recycling contest of $100,000 for the school! They are already doing 'in the cloud' like the commercials and I heard something about White boards and even more things in the works! My husband and I are in IT and technology is important to us. The teachers were at the open house and were very nice and answered all my questions.They have Spanish, Music and Gym for all grades from Pre-K up. Great after school programs! They'll be seeing me in the fall!

Posted April 26, 2010

Suoer strong academic program, extras other schools do not have like Spanish class as part of the curriculum. Strong Math concentration as well as 2 Science Labs, Gym, and Music for PreK-8th. We are a family and the Staff is excellent as well as very giving and caring.

Posted April 24, 2010

I love St. Pascal because it is a school that considers the family as all important and is dedicated to working as a family to reach goals to improve all aspects of the school. Parents, teachers, the administration and the school board are open to new ideas and adding activities and new programs of learning to educate the children. I will site two examples. The program called Peacebuilders, started in preschool, is teaching children how to respect one another. The Science Fair project in the upper grades is an experience that teaches students skills (organization, paper writing, presentation, speaking in public, deadlines) that prepare them for many other future educational projects. I invite all to visit the school to see this work in progress and join us in the education of your children.

Posted March 11, 2010

My daughter has attended St. Pascal since PreK 3. I have seen some great changes in the last few years. There is a great selection of After School programs including, Karate, Ballet, Art & Crafts, Choir, and Tutoring Club. Spanish and Technology classes have been added to the daily curriculum. I value and love the friendly, family environment that encompasses St. Pascal. The teachers are awesome and most of all my daughter is happy and eager to go to school everyday.

Posted January 23, 2010

All I can say is that I LOVE St. Pascals!! The teachers are great and all the kids so nice. They also have a great sports program this year!! They go to church every Wednesday and have religion class everyday. Go St. Pascals!!

Posted January 8, 2010

My children attend St. Pascal and they are both doing classwork above what their peers in neighboring schools are doing. I feel confident that when my oldest reaches high school in a couple of years that he will be fully prepared to handle the coursework. Its not often in a Catholic school that you find a wide range of sports programs, Spanish classes starting in preschool, free after school tutoring AND small class sizes.

Posted June 1, 2009

St. Pascals is an excellent school. My children have been there for years and getting a great education. There terra nova schools were always well above the national average. They have less children then some of the catholic schools around so they get definitly more attention given to them in the classroom. I am very pleased with the school but more important is that my children are happy and learning. Great school, St. Pascals!!

Posted April 15, 2009

The classes are small, and the teachers are incredible. The children are lucky to have this school, and they feel happy to go everyday.

Posted December 22, 2008

I have a 5th grader currently attending this school and I'm very pleased with the education he's getting. The teachers are excellent and top-notch. They challenge the kids to their fullest potential and produce results. I would highly recommend this school for anyone looking for a results oriented school.

Posted August 12, 2008

I couldn't be happier with the education my children are receiving at St. Pascal. I have found the Pastor and Principal very supportive and caring. Yes, it gets a little tougher in 4th and 5th grade but I feel my children are still the teachers' main concern. I have found a very loving community at St Pascal and we are a 'PeaceBuilders School'

Posted July 29, 2008

St. Pascal has great teachers, especially primary- top quality. However, the principal is very low quality. When trying to communicate, she is slow, if ever, to return calls or emails. Shes very unorganized. The teachers are great and worth going to the school.

Posted April 22, 2008

My daughter attends St. pascal and overall I beleive she is getting a good education. The pricipal on the other hand is not up to par. She is very lacking in her leadership, social skills and communication with the students and parents.

Posted March 5, 2008

My family and I think St Pascal is a GREAT school. Teacher communicate with parents. Teachers will follow up all the time. My two boys have attended St Pascal since PK now both 3rd and 6Th graders. Go St Pascal!

Posted September 19, 2007

Academic programs up to date and aligned with the state standards. All extracurricular programs are available. Parents are encouraged to be involved, but some parents want the school run their way and spread rumors when they can't agree with the policies of the school. The communication would be successful if the parents would speak to the principal and faculty directly instead of spreading rumors.

Posted June 12, 2006

Communication is very poor between teacher and parent. Money is all they care about as they do not give progress reports unless school is fully paid. Would not recommend

Posted March 16, 2006

Average school. School itself very shabby and old. Academacally it is good. Very difficult teachers in 4th and 5th grade are making me look at other schools to attend. They offer a good amount in music (choir, band), an after school art class,lots of sports. There is some parental involvment.

Posted May 11, 2005

I think that St. Pascal School is a very academic school. It is giving my children a good education. This is a very good school and will prepare my children for highschool. They have been at St. Pascal since pre-school and have always been doing good. They have good extracurricular activities, that keep my children occupied. They get homework every night which shows me that the teachers are dedicated to make the children learn. I am very proud to be a mother of three children and be a member of the St. Pascal School community.

Posted September 9, 2003

St. Pascal will prepare your child for high school well. They are actually tougher during the last three years. Students work when they go to Pascal. Both of my children found that high school was actually easier than St. Pascals. I believe that it was Pascals toughening them before high school that made high school easier. They came in prepared with a good foundation of the basics.

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 7% 4%

• Denise Landers
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Chicago

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

6143 West Irving Park Road